Complaint Review: Hyundai Oxendale Flagstaff

• Updated: Thu, April 17, 2014

• Reported By: Samee — FLAGSTAFF Arizona
Hyundai Oxendale Flagstaff
1160 W Route 66, Flagstaff, Arizona USA

Hyundai Oxendale Flagstaff Misleading Fraudulent Practices, Reneging Promises, No post-Purchase Help! Flagstaff Arizona

I purchased Hyundai Elantra 2005 used car from this dealer. They usually place very high price and then start bargaining which is fine because you are purchasing a used car. What I really did wrong myself, I did not bring a car mechanic to look at the car and I admit I was goof on that account. I trusted the dealer, and I had to pay for it.

They priced the car for $7,000. I told them that I can give $4,000 for the car they were trying to sell me. The deal ended at $4,200 including taxes. They started reneging from the dealer-benefits such as 3-month post-sale warranty and refused to remove the dents and repair the rear bumper. They even did not change the filter.

You know what? Its engine check light was on. I refused to take the car. The sales person said it is due to our security system because if a car is stolen, it can get check light on and then will go off within 5-mile area. He said we forgot to get it off. They took the car back and then came with checklight off.

It was the best lie they could have made me believe. The check light was on due to genuine reasons. In fact, when I took it to a mechanic for check light and he told me there were almost 13 different parts to be replaced. It did cost me about $3,000 in total. The bill was higher, but I purchased the required items myself, so saved almost $1,500 on that account. My car went to repair for a week, and I was really pissed off.

I have learned a lot from this experience. I will NEVER advise you to purchase any used car from Oxendale Hyundai Flagstaff unless you take a mechanic with you. Do not trust them, as I did. Inspect all the parts in ruthless manner because you are paying to them, and helping them grow their business. Assure you get post-sale warranty, because if they do not give you 3-month post-sale warranty, you should be very cognizant to perceive that there is something really wrong with the car. They mislead you on a number of accounts. They initially told me that the car has 80,530 ODO, you know what? Carfax report said it was not real. So please check all before you make any deal with these guys. Better you should see a dealer where you can find trustworthy people doing nice business with you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2014 06:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hyundai-Oxendale-Flagstaff/Flagstaff-Arizona-86001/Hyundai-Oxendale-Flagstaff-Misleading-Fraudulent-Practices-Reneging-Promises-No-post-Pu-1139565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hyundai Oxendale Flagstaff