Complaint Review: International academy of design and technology seattle

• Submitted: Thu, May 15, 2014
  • Updated: Sun, May 18, 2014

• Reported By: Anthony — Port orchard Washington
International academy of design and technology seattle
645 Andover park west tukwilla, Washington USA

International academy of design and technology seattle Iadt lies, deciet, tretchory. tukwilla Washington

I attended iadt seattle the first year they opened. I was 18 years old and 2 months out of high school. This has been the biggest mistake of my life, I am now 28. When I went originally to iadt I met with a man who, previously, was a used car salesman, I cant remember his name at this point. He sold me on the "amazing program" they offered and told me that I would be eligable for grants. We filled out the paperwork and he congradulated me on joining the iadt family. I lasted there longer than he did. I started school in june for graphic design, happy as a clam that I could continue my education and move on to something bigger. It turned out that I was lied to, and the grant paperwork I had filled out wasnt that at all. When I was filling out the paperwork I was told sign here, initial here and wasnt instructed to read any part of it, and as it turns out I wasnt signing up for grants but the entrance consular had me signing up for 25,000.00 in student loans through sallie mae. This has devistated my credit and my entire adult life. Since then I have tried to work with sallie mae and contacted iadt multiple times but nothing has helped. Iadt is a scam college with shady practices and they lie to their students to get them to sign up. I wish I never had, I would be in a much better position if they had told me they were signing me up for loans as oppised to telling me I was getting grants, I wouldnt have attended.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/International-academy-of-design-and-technology-seattle/tukwilla-Washington-98188/International-academy-of-design-and-technology-seattle-Iadt-lies-deciet-tretchory-tuk-1146997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on International academy of design and technology seattle