brick

• Updated: Fri, June 14, 2013

• Reported By: Juliet — Alpine Texas
INT*US
600 Corporate Pointe Ste210 Culver City, California USA

INT*US, ussearch.com, peoplefinders.com They advertised a phone search for .49. I received 2 such charges, then one for $49.95. I never received a report with legal, public, private - anything records. The password likns they kept sending me did not work. I tried for a week. Culver City California

*Author of original report: Refund

*UPDATE Employee: Inteliius Customer Care

I contacted various search services to find my husbank and his girlfriend (for a divorce). Apparently all these serices were related and advertised free public record lookups. Charges were advertised at .49 and .99. I won't dispute those charges.

Then I was billed $49.95 for a complete profile I never got. Which was advertised as $24.95 or something like that. The searches never appeared; it was impossible to log on to the site, and an email got no response.

I forgot my password, and the links they kept sending me said "invalid" when I tried them.  I sent them an email and got no response. Got no advertised product and overcharged.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/INTUS/Culver-City-California-90230/INTUS-ussearchcom-peoplefinderscom-They-advertised-a-phone-search-for-49-I-receiv-1059106. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on INT*US

Refund

AUTHOR: Juliet - ()

Please assisst me in resolving this matter. I need you to refund my account for the $49.95 you billed me, for which I received no services.

Tania Burton (on credit card). If you need further information, such as card number, please email me at (((ROR redacted)))

Thanks,

Juliet

Inteliius Customer Care

AUTHOR: InteliusCustomer__Support - ()

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process.  All of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.