Complaint Review: Italian Guy in NYC

• Updated: Thu, May 10, 2012

• Reported By: Riggy — Huntington New York USA
Italian Guy in NYC
39th Street (5th and 6th) New York, New York United States of America

Italian Guy in NYC Giovanni, Francesco Fake Armani Jackets - directions to Airport, scam New York, New York

*General Comment: same little italian prick did the same thing to me!

*Consumer Comment: Latest victim!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Italian scammer car number

Same as dozens of other reports on here. Guy in a silver SUV/Minivan stops and asks for directions to to the Lincoln Tunnel saying he needs to get to Newark Airport. Heavy Italian accent, says he just finished doing a show for his employer, Georgio Armini, in NYC and is about to fly back to Naples. I actually gave him a business card. He chatted me up, found out my family was from Italy, said he was so happy to have a friend in NY and he wanted to thank me by giving me some jackets. He put one on me, let me feel them,etc. and told me they were brand new 2010 Armani jackets worth an average of $1,000 each. He asked could I do one small thing for him and pay for his rental car since he had to pay for it out of pocket. Showed me the receipt for the car for $380. I told him I did not have that much money and he offered to take me to an ATM. He asked what bank I used - when he knew where to find a Chase ATM I started to suspect something was fishy, but he kept me distracted. Showed me his passport and kept talking. I gave him $400 from the ATM and then he gave me another jacket "for my wife" and asked for a little more $$ "for souvenirs for his kids". I gave him another $60. He was unhappy that he could still see $$ in my wallet and asked for the rest of it. I told him I could not give him every last dollar and he took off. I immediately got a queasy feeling and went back to my office to look at the jackets. I checked the internet and quickly discovered they were fakes. What a bastard.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2009 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Italian-Guy-in-NYC/New-York-New-York-10018/Italian-Guy-in-NYC-Giovanni-Francesco-Fake-Armani-Jackets-directions-to-Airport-scam-N-515468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Italian Guy in NYC

#1 General Comment

same little italian prick did the same thing to me!

AUTHOR: sameh - (United States of America)

corner of 57th and 7th...all the same details, directions to Lincoln Tunnel, shows me the jackets, asks me for cash, trys to drive me to the ATM to get money etc. So help me GOD if i see this fool in the streets again...

Latest victim!

AUTHOR: Stupid Desi - (United States of America)

I got scammed for $200 tonight 735 in 26th st! Same f*****g guy - i wanna puke!

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Italian scammer car number

AUTHOR: Pvl - (United States of America)

I was scammed Nov 25, 2009,New York, Brooklyn. But i put down his car number, White subaru YYS-73U. If a bunch of people reports to police they can track his real name and get him.