Complaint Review: Lifequotes.com

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Bob Bland is Scum

*General Comment: RE: Bob Bland

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Life Quotes CEO Responds Here

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Life Quotes CEO Responds Here

I worked for Bob Bland for nearly 14 years. I did everything they asked of me...worked long hours, sold many policies, watched people come and go. I still did not loose faith regardless of the anger around me. I am sick to my stomach of lifequotes.com/insure.com. I have decided to come out and tell the truth. No more hiding.

I was there at the beginning, I helped breath life into this company. Bob Bland re-payed me by saying " I was of no use anymore"...that I could not "adapt to change". He then told me to pack up and get out. I was given no severance package, all my stocks were due to a loop hole "no longer available". I planned everything with that investment money. My son was unable to finish college.

I wrote letters and emails and was told to "start looking forward, not back".

14 years of lies, false promises and pain. I will never forget trying to cheer up a young man who was let go behind the building. He told me that he felt worthless because he was "unable to sell". I told him maybe a little humility was what he needed. Then less than a week later I was ripped from my desk of 14 years, dragged out the backdoor like garbage and told to never come back.

I thought he was my friend. He poured feces in my throat.

It is the worst display of loyalty of all time.

JS

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2012 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifequotescom/Darien-Illinois-60561/Lifequotescom-Bob-Bland-13-Long-Years-down-the-plumbing-Darien-Illinois-876755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifequotes.com

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Bob Bland is Scum

AUTHOR: - ()

I was with Life Quotes for about 6 months before I figured out the scam.  I worked my tale off, 10 hours days, and slowly got my pay deducted.  After I decided to leave, Bob Bland put out a letter to all my clients stating that I had lied to them and any person calling them with complaints would recieve a $50.00 gas card.

Due to this letter I received numerous calls from my clients asking what they could do to help me.  Bob Bland is a scumbag. My revenge was that one of the clients that called completed a policy with me.  $14,000.00 commission for a $6,000,000. policy. Oh Yea... Charma is a b*tch.

#2 General Comment

RE: Bob Bland

AUTHOR: Jon S. - ()

My experience with Bob Bland is that when I've sent quotes out to people, that they also get a Bob Bland email, and Bob Bland follow ups.  When I questioned this, no one seemed to know what I was talking about, and said it was weird.  I quit quoting through LifeQuotes.  Now I know who Bob Bland is.  Good thing I didn't submit too much business.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Life Quotes CEO Responds Here

AUTHOR: Robert Bland - (United States of America)

I am Bob Bland, Founder and CEO of Life Quotes and I just read what you wrote about us in 2012 and wanted to respond publicly.  I'm using my real name here and would ask that you do as well as that would give you and your story more credibility.  Nobody at Life Quotes has ever been let go in the way you describe, whether you worked here for 14 years or 14 minutes or 14 days.  All of our employees are always treated with respect and dignity, even when they are being let go due to downsizing, cost-cutting or for poor performance.  Those are the only 3 reasons why we have ever let anybody go.  You state that your name is Jerry in a 2012-dated note and that you worked here for 14 years.  The only Jerry that worked here for 14 years was let go in 2009 during a downsizing and that Jerry was not involved in sales in any way.  That Jerry also left with a large cash severance payout, which is not mentioned in your note.  And when we have to let salespeople go for poor sales, advance warning of at least 90 days including several meetings and attempts and improvements, so being let go here for poor work habits is never a surprise.  I hope that this helps.  Bob Bland, Founder and CEO, Life Quotes, Inc. Darien, IL.  Dated March 4, 2013.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Life Quotes CEO Responds Here

AUTHOR: Robert Bland - (United States of America)