Complaint Review: Lifetime World Adventures

• Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: Que — redlands California
Lifetime World Adventures
2145 E. Tahquitz Cny Ste4-116 Palm Springs, California USA

Lifetime World Adventures Metropolitan Clubs International Didn't honor their contract Palm Springs California

My wife and I attended a sales pressentation for a "travel club" called Gold Crown
Resorts. We sat through the presentation and liked the deal, however we already had a timeshare and didn't want to have both. the salesman says " No problem, I'll buy your timeshare". This would be great, we are out of our timeshare (no more maintenance fees) and we get into something we prefer.

The wife runs to the bank and gets a cashiers check for the amount, we're excited. Meanwhile I'm asking him how this is going to work and he never asked if we owned our timeshare outright (we don't). Once we determine that he can't help with the timeshare because we still owe on it, We decide to go ahead with the deal and see if we can do something about the timeshare on our own.

Back home, we try contacting the timeshare company and we get various strategies on what we can do with the time share to offset the cost. None of them are to our liking and we decide we are stuck with the timeshare. Per the contract we had 72 hours to recind the offer. This had to be in writing stateing our desire to back out of the deal.

I FedExed them a letter overnight to meet the deadline, attaching a copy of the contract so there could be no mistaking it. I have a signed confirmation that it was delivered and received in their office on the 14th. the contract is dated the 11th Which was a Friday. At first, I could get people on the phone who said they would check on it. Later calls are answered by a machine and of course, no call backs.

"Gold Crown Resorts" are the actual "club" and I have no problem with them. "Metropolitan Clubs International" DBA "Lifetime World Adventures" are the sales people I gave money to and are listed on the contract that refuse to do good  business. They have made no effort to communicate or to contest my claim. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go the small claims route to have any hope of getting my money back. Beware of any promotional offers from these people. They set up shop at the "Spa Resort Hotel" in Palm Springs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifetime-World-Adventures/Palm-Springs-California-92262/Lifetime-World-Adventures-Metropolitan-Clubs-International-Didnt-honor-their-contract-Pa-1146075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifetime World Adventures