Complaint Review: Light University Online

• Updated: Sun, January 26, 2014

• Reported By: Calte Wach — Lewis Center Ohio
Light University Online
129 Vista Centre Drive, Forest, VA 2455 Forest, Virginia USA

LIGHT UNIVERSITY ONLINE Light University gave us lifetime scholarship & now will not honor it, Promised Masters Diploma which is not legit, Made partnership with college & dropped it without explanation Forest Virginia

Light University gave us a “lifetime” scholarship which they have taken back. They made a partnership agreement (with a small local college) which they have also taken back without explanation. I am now being informed that their Masters Diploma is not real. I lost my job over this because I got the blame for the partnership being taken back.

The company made promises to my family and I. They told us that Light University Online leadership had made a partnership promise with the college I was attending. The partnership agreement was that all students from the college which filled out an application to take Light University Online courses would receive “a lifetime” scholarship for courses at LUO and that our college would accept all LUO courses as credits.

Later I sent an unrelated email to LUO about starting a bible college with their courses and then LUO, without explanation, writes back that the partnership is off. [continued below]....

..... I was not given the common courtesy to defend myself. There was no explanation whatsoever. I have never been treated so rude in my life!!!

However, my family and I were promised a lifetime scholarship from LUO with credits toward my college degree. I asked LUO to honor the terms of the DU/LUO partnership with my family and I. We should receive the lifetime scholarship with the understanding that our college is giving us credits for it.

So with LUO "lifetime" does not mean lifetime. "Partnership" does not mean partnership. "Masters Diploma" does not really mean "Masters Diploma." I wonder what the word "Christian" means to them.

Several of us have emailed Shaun Redgate (VP of LUO) who refuses to even respond. He sent one letter to one person and it was sharp and bitter.

BEWARE of Light University Online! They do NOT honor their word!

I feel robbed and betrayed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2014 06:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Light-University-Online/Forest-Virginia-2455/LIGHT-UNIVERSITY-ONLINE-Light-University-gave-us-lifetime-scholarship-now-will-not-hono-1118537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Light University Online