replace

• Submitted: Thu, April 07, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, July 11, 2011

• Reported By: John — Plano Texas United States of America
lightinthebox.com

lightinthebox.com light in the box, lightinthebox Deceptive Business Practices Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: my friend also have the same enperience there

*UPDATE Employee: Sincere Apology from LightInTheBox

I wanted to purchase an iPhone 3G backside case. The description did not indicate a color, but the pictures clearly showed white. The case that arrived was silver. Granted I should've been more careful, but the pictures should not have been so deceptive.

The case was also horribly cheap. Within a day, the color started peeling off of the case, and it cracked with some gentle pressure.

They sent a survey about their business. At the end of the survey, they offered a coupon code for $10 off my next purchase. I went to see if it worked, and it didn't.

I looked for a way to get in contact with the company, and the only way I found was the online chat. A representative kindly gave me a new working coupon code, but it is $10 off $100, not straight $10 off like the survey had offered.

The representative explained that they have very low prices and cannot afford to give anything better. I understand that they already have very low prices and that they also need to make money, but I cannot stand the deception.

Overall, they were deceptive in their practices, offering inaccurate product pictures and coupons with hidden (not just tiny) conditions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2011 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/lightintheboxcom/internet/lightintheboxcom-light-in-the-box-lightinthebox-Deceptive-Business-Practices-Internet-715303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on lightinthebox.com

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

my friend also have the same enperience there

AUTHOR: kitty - ()

i am sorry to hear that you have the bad shoppoing experience there. and my friend also have the same experience there. it is very important that to check the company before you order. last month i ordered a dress from anther website. dressale.com you can go there to have a look. as far as i am concerned, it is not bad

Sincere Apology from LightInTheBox

AUTHOR: LightInTheBox - (United States of America)

Dear Customer,

We would like to apologize for the confusion and inconvenience you have experienced while shopping at LightInTheBox.com. We are continuously working on improving our products and service, so we very much value your feedback.

Indeed, some of the coupons we offer come with limitations. We have taken your suggestion and are currently editing the information offered so as to make the terms of the coupons more clear.

Regards,