Complaint Review: Mediacom

Mediacom
Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA

Mediacom Extends yourcontract on their own Cedar Rapids Iowa

*UPDATE Employee: Mediacom Support

In August 2011, I signed a 2 year contract with Mediacom for cable and internet services for a set rate.

In August 2012 my bill went up to full price. I called Mediacom and informed them of the error and they fixed the rate accordingly.

Now in August 2013, my bill goes up because my contract is over,or at least its suppose to be.

I call Mediacom about rates and am informed I signed a 2 year contract in 2012. I tell them I signed that in 2011 and I called in 2012 to fix the error. They acknowledge I started in 2011 but I started a new 2 year contract in 2012.

That doesn't even make sense. I am informed that if I cancel, I will be charged cancellation fees for the 2nd (actually 3rd) year of a two year contract.

I was told this by 2 different customer service people.

Thanks goodness there is another cable company available who pays your cancellation fees if you sign up with them.

I will NEVER sign up for Mediacom again and warn others from doing the same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mediacom/Cedar-Rapids-Iowa-52404/Mediacom-Extends-yourcontract-on-their-own-Cedar-Rapids-Iowa-1074572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mediacom

Mediacom Support

AUTHOR: Mediacom Support - ()

Hi Shane!

I apologize for the problems you have had with Mediacom and your account. I would be happy to review your account and work on getting this resolved. Please email me at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com and I will do what I can to make things right.

Thanks,