aroused

Merrick Bank P.O. Box 5000 Draper, Utah USA

Merrick Bank False promise and False services Draper Utah

*Consumer Comment: "REVOLUTION"...

*General Comment: Where?

*Consumer Comment: False Promises?

I fell 4 months behind on my credit card..So I called Merrick Bank to discuss what can I do to get out the hole, the rep went through my account and said we can help..I told her I know I have some kind of insurance they offer and I paid monthly that once your behind on your credit card they can help pay yourlate payments or suspend the payments. So she told they had something like that I will only have to pay $20.00 a month I said ok and agreed to it..I was $325 behind..So she put me on hold came back on the phone and said everything went through. Then she said well your account is closed I told her never wanted my account to be closed that is not what I ask for. She said well u accepted the payments I said yeah but you confused me I thought it was going through my imsurance on the card. I was pissed I never wanted my account closed..I called back and spoke with the supervisor the opened up a investgation on the conversation and said it would take 3 business days. [continued below]....

.....So I called back 3 business days and they said it will be open back up first I have to pay the $325 late fee and they will credit me another $140.00 towards my card.I ask the rep again and she said it will be open 100% so I gave her my payment and waited for it to reopened.I called back a couple days later spoke with the supervisor and he said its being processed to be reopened and a couple days later I get a letter saying the denied me. They promised it will be open I spoke with everyone there before I gave them my $325.00. After I gave them my payment for the late months they pretty stole and lied to me that they where going to reopen my account..Its fair thats false promises and services know help me out the reps ALL SAID MY ACCOUNT WILL BE BACK OPEN 100% when I give them the late amount I owe $325.I want my account reopened thats fraud first all it should have never been closed they deceived me from the beginning never wanted my account closed then they took my late amount I owe and still closed it...PLEASE HELP

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2013 09:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank/-Draper-Utah-84020/Merrick-Bank-False-promise-and-False-services-Draper-Utah-1104774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank

"REVOLUTION"...

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

is the title to a song that is available at this website. Just type in 987602 and it appears in the consumer comments section at Ripoff Report #987602.

WELCOME TO AMERICA- OUR GOVERNMENT IS ULTIMATELY BEING CONTROLLED BY A CARTEL OF CORRUPT AND GREEDY BANKERS WHO ALSO CONTROL WALL STREET, AND THEY ARE BEING EXPOSED ALL OVER THE WORLDWIDE WEB

#2 General Comment

Where?

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Where is the ripoff? Its not YOUR money. YOU spent THEIR money plus interest. So you fell behind by FOUR months. In the ToS of your card if you fell behind by two months they have the right to cut you off. If you fell that far behind, dont you think you have been living BEYOND your means? I mean really, how hard is this to understand?

If ANYONE pulled fraud here it was you. FOUR months is ONE quarter of their business/fiscal year. Plus a month. So they closed your account. Get over it. You were doing what has tanked SO MANY AMERICANS!! Instead of living within your means you have credit cards. That means you CANT live within your means or you WONT. Either way, there is NOTHING you cant buy with cash. A credit card is GIVING money away. Why would you do that?

Im not saying having a credit card is a bad thing. I am saying in YOUR case it is. GET OFF THE CARDS!!! Live within your means. You will be MUCH happier not giving away YOUR hard earned money.

False Promises?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Who is giving false promises here? Umm...when you got the card didn't you agree to make at least your minimum monthly payment every month you have a balance?  So if you want to talk about "promises" how exactly did you fall 4 months behind?

Oh you say you have insurance.  Okay so was the reason you were behind covered by the insurance?  The insurance isn't just a "well you are behind so we will pay", you MUST have a reason that is covered.  This could be things such as the loss of a full time job.   It does not work in a case of..well I needed to pay a different bill this month.  Also, there is generally a time you have to start the insurance.  Being FOUR months behind you may have passed that time.

But then let's get to the heart of your complaint.  Keeping in mind YOU were FOUR months behind.  You are very lucky that your card was even still open.   Generally once you get to 2 or 3 months delinquent most other creditors will automatically close the account and turn you over to an outside collection agency.  So in effect they gave you another month to try and get current.  Instead you tried to get them to give you a deal of paying less.

Then here is a very important point that you seem to be clueless on.  A Credit Card is NOT your money, they are allowing you to borrow their money on the "promise"(there's that word again) that you will pay back what ever you borrow plus additional interest that they will assess.  They didn't "steal" any of your money as you were just paying back what you had previously borrowed.   Also, part of this is that since it is their money they have the legal right to close the account at any time and for ANY reason.  There is not a single thing you can do to force them to re-open your credit line.  Why you ask?  Because all of this is in the terms YOU agreed to when you opened the card.

Oh and yes every other credit card would probably have done the same thing, and don't give us the BS that you have other credit cards and every other one "helped you out".  Because even if they did..it doesn't matter.