Complaint Review: Mi Casa Mobile Homes

• Updated: Tue, May 06, 2014

• Reported By: Patricia — Aransas Pass Texas
Mi Casa Mobile Homes
16890 IH 35 South Atascosa, Texas USA

Mi Casa Mobile Homes Charged me for mobile home hookups they did not do and will not refund my money. Will not correct the bad installation of perimeter blocks falling down. Atascosa Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: cannot please everyone

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact the County

I bought a Legacy mobile home from Mi Casa mobile homes in Atacosa, TX (San Antonio) in March, 2014.

They charged me $1000 for electrical and plumbing hookups and never had them completed. I arranged for the hookups and paid for the hookups.

I asked Mr. Lucas Huckleberry (salesman) for a refund of $1000 since they did not accomplish the job. He refused saying the bookkeeping department will not release any money if I do not sign a W9. I refused to sign a W9 since they were not paying for anylthing just refund money they had already charged.

I reported this incident to the Better Business Bureau that handles the San Antonio, TX area and all keep getting is harassing texts.

Shortly after this incident, the perimeter blocks under my mobile home are falling down. I reported this in writing and reported it to HUD. I have no response from Mi Casa. [continued below]....

.....

I am not sure how these people can keep operating. I was certainly fooled because I trusted that these people were legit. After being funded by the finance company (21St Mortgage) they forget you exist.

What happed to the consumer protection agency that is supposed to be looking out for the consumer?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mi-Casa-Mobile-Homes/Atascosa-Texas-78336/Mi-Casa-Mobile-Homes-Charged-me-for-mobile-home-hookups-they-did-not-do-and-will-not-refu-1144509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mi Casa Mobile Homes

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

cannot please everyone

AUTHOR: jim h - (USA)

Mi Casa has been in business since 1999 and have no BBB unresolved complaints. We simply asked this customer to sign a W9 as required by the IRS when funds over a certain amount are paid. Customer sued in small claims court and was awarded the same amount we had been attempting to pay her. She has omitted two aspects of this transaction 1. The home was installed in a mobile home park, site preparation is the land owners (Park) responsibility, leaning blocks are the result of unstable soil conditions within the park and not something we  have a legal right to correct. 2. Customer initially was going into a different park where we delivered the home. There was an issue between park and customer obtaining land lord waivers thereby getting a lower rate on financing. Mi Casa relocated the house for one third the normal rate and hence the reduced amount from the $1000.00 set up for utilities. Had we charged the normal moving fees customer would have no money due to her.

Mi Casa bent over backwards in an attempt to satisfy the customer, some customers are very hard to satisfy and explain details to.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Contact the County

AUTHOR: JD - (USA)

Hello, contact the city or county codes department and ask for a inspection. This should get you immidiate results.