Complaint Review: Mia Stortzum

• Updated: Thu, August 22, 2013

• Reported By: Will Never Refer — Las Vegas Nevada
Mia Stortzum
8550 Desert Inn Road Ste 102-205 Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Mia Stortzum Preferred DMC changed name to Preferred Events. Nothing changed, same deal Offered me a percentage of business referred to her. Her other streetwalker staff do the same thing plus more, Las Vegas Nevada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Doing the Right Thing Is Sometimes the Hardest Thing

The name changed the services are still crap. My client that I referred to them was upset with their services. He called them dimwits with t**s. They know who I'm talking about. Mia sends these idiots to do their "sales calls" to offer the sale and convention services manager a referral fee if they get the business. Yes more than the other DMCs sometimes offers. I still didnt get paid. If they dont offer you commissions they offer other services. Everyone knows this.

Mia Stortzum is not to be trusted becuase I also heard she got fired for stealing a big client list from her former employer and then opened her own company. Hired more minons to walk the streets for her.

And for the poor rebutal that was added to her previous complaint, why wasnt your name on that? Are you part of the street walking staff? Were you the one who propositioned me? If I'm complaining and stating the same thing, there must be some truth on the first report.

Everyone who works for Mia Storzum, owner and Preferred Events, you should be ashamed of yourselves. You are all giving REAL DMC's and Event Planners a BAD NAME.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2013 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mia-Stortzum-/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89117/Mia-Stortzum-Preferred-DMC-changed-name-to-Preferred-Events-Nothing-changed-same-deal-1078233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mia Stortzum

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Doing the Right Thing Is Sometimes the Hardest Thing

AUTHOR: Mia Stortzum - (USA)

Since learning of the slander and defamation of my name and character from an unnamed source on this website, I chose to take the high road and not even address the ridiculousness it eludes to until now. I am a Christian, a wife, a mother and someone who takes such pride and passion in life and the event planning profession so I cannot stand for allowing this nonsense to be posted in an attempt to hurt my business or tear me or my amazing and well-respected team down.

I think as a Christian we sometimes think that being one we need to be meek, but in studying the Bible and how Jesus handled situations, he was meek yet bold not allowing lies to be passed for truths. I am certainly not a perfect person but I have worked very hard, long hours in the last seven years to create a business that I am proud of and that has a good reputation in the industry as well as with my clients that I truly love and adore. I have never compromised my morals or values, nor those of my employees to get or retain business. Isn't it funny how when you build something successful as a woman, there's no way you could have done it honestly??! That somehow/someway a competitor or jealous individual have to elude that you slept your way to the top to get there? WELL I WON'T STAND for that being said for me or my talented, intelligent and well-educated team, who I respect and admire so much and have the honor of working alongside and being inspired by every day! I will not discount all of the time and energy invested for one envious individual to spew their lies in a fit of rage and envy. I believe in freedom of speech and the right to review clients and companies based on their use of products and services, but all of the information provided in these reports by this anonymous author are complete lies and abuse of forums like this in which they were created.

As a mother to a daughter particularily, the hard realization I have had through this experience is that I need to prepare myself to know how to parent her through situations such as this in the time of the world where people can post whatever information they'd like about you in an attempt to hurt or harm and it can all be completely false and there can sometimes be no repercussions for the person who does it (even steal your picture from a business website and blast it with a post of some horrible, slanderous names next to it). I believe in learning from everything and I certainly have through this. Most importantly, I have forgiven the author of these posts and it has taken me a long time to do so. I have learned that in doing so, that doing the right thing is sometimes the hardest thing. While I am pretty sure it is the same person and I have a pretty good idea of who it is, I am not assuming thus will not post your name for if I am incorrect, I would not want to start lies about the wrong person if that were the case. I do want you to know, however, that I have forgiven you and that releases me from being attached to you or this any longer. I hope you can find some peace and forgiveness within yourself as well. Should you like to have a personal conversation with me directly, I know you have my information as it is blasted all over this website.

To individuals and businesses that are reading this particular website, do your research with other reliable sources as this site is in existence to get you to buy expensive legal services to repair your name when false information is written about you! Seems legit, right?