- Report: #660039
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Movecorp International Ltd
Movecorp International LtdShenstone, Select State/Province United States of America
Movecorp International Ltd terrible customer service, poos quality transpot Shenstone, Other
*Consumer Comment: Please contact Watchdog
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. With moved from Cambridge, UK to Barcelona, Spain and used their boxes only service. We packed our things ourselves into boxes. Here some of the unpleasant things that happened:
- During the initial correspondence they never mentioned that the
VTA is not included in the prices stated. They only added it on the final
quote when we already had paid 50 GBP for the reservation!
- For our things to be insured properly, we would have had to pay
an extra 70 GBP (compared to 400 GBP for the whole move). Again, we were
that only told very late.
- They did not understand their own terms and conditions. When I
asked about the difference between limited, standard and extended
liability, the reply was clearly wrong. When I pointed it out, the reply
was, the they misspelled it!
- It was not possible to specify the pickup time more accurate
- As we had to take a plan on that date, we paid an
additional 30 GBP, that they would be at our place before 9.15.
- They were more than an hour late. They didnt call that they would
be late or that they didnt find the way. They had no reasonable excuse
for being late. I think they never planned to be on time.
- When I called I was told that the responsible person would call
back, but she didnt.
- When the boxes came out of storage they told us they were
shipped, when in fact they were still in storage and only shipped a week
- They would not have contacted us to tell us when we can expect
the boxes. We always had to call them ourselves.
- The date when the boxes would arrive kept changing and they
couldnt tell the time either, so that in theory I would have had to take
almost a week off to wait at home for the boxes!
- The boxes did not arrive all at the same time but in two loads.
- They arrived with a transport company and not with MoveCorp
themselves as we expected.
- Two boxes were in a very, very bad condition and the content of
two other boxes were somewhere on their way repacked into 3 new boxes. We were
not told about that and never got an explanation or apology either.
- After the arrival of our boxes we were never contacted to ask
whether they arrived ok.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2010 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movecorp-International-Ltd/Shenstone-Select-StateProvince-/Movecorp-International-Ltd-terrible-customer-service-poos-quality-transpot-Shenstone-Ot-660039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.