Complaint Review: Movie Facts, Inc

• Updated: Tue, August 06, 2013

• Reported By: Another Sucker — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Movie Facts, Inc
1870 Busse Highway Suite 200 Des Plaines, Illinois USA

Movie Facts, Inc Total Scam, Product Not As Advertised, Won't Cancel Des Plaines Illinois

I was contacted by Movie Facts to advertise in a local theater. I thought the exposure for my company would be good at the price that they were offering, which was about $100/month. I usually meet with advertising reps before I do business with them, so some of the blame falls on me.

The sign-up process was easy, as was setting up my advertisement for the brochure. I set up a custom domain just for this company so that I could track how my campaign was doing, which is what I do with all my advertising. I get the proof and it looks good, so I sign-off on it and am ready for distribution.

Imagine my surprise when I visit the very theater were my ad was to be displayed and I couldn't find it anywhere. Eventually, I found it stuck away in the very back corner of the theater, where only the people who went to the last theater would ever see it. The display was full and looked like no one even bothers with these things.

I called to complain about the quality of placement and was told it was out of their hands and there was nothing they could do about it. I told them to cancel my future advertisements since the service was misrepresented, but they said no and printed two more copies while trying to bill me.

Then, they decide to renew my contract! I told them them two months earlier to cancel my account, but they said since I couldn't at that time, that my ad automatically renewed then. Now, they are trying to collect hundreds of dollars from me for something that did not deliver. I did not even get a single click on this domain!

Moral of the story is to never buy ads from a telephone salesman, which I know I made the mistake of. I didn't look into this and just went off what they said, and of course they lied through their teeth the entire time. If you get a call from Movie Facts Inc, don't answer it or tell them NO!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movie-Facts-Inc/Des-Plaines-Illinois-60016/Movie-Facts-Inc-Total-Scam-Product-Not-As-Advertised-Wont-Cancel-Des-Plaines-Illinois-1073223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movie Facts, Inc