license

Complaint Review: OptumHealth, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, July 06, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, August 29, 2011

• Reported By: Jean — Nashville Tennessee United States of America
OptumHealth, Inc.
6300 Olson Memorial Hwy. Golden Valley, Minnesota United States of America

OptumHealth, Inc. Optum Health Bank Optum Health HSA Card allowed SIX foreign fraudulent charges, are sticking us with the $750 bill! Golden Valley, Minnesota

*Author of original report: Fixed it - after we complained to the FDIC; Optum still terrible

In February, an unknown individual ran up over $750 in charges to my husband's HSA card.  (HSA cards are like credit cards, but instead of being attached to a bank account they feed directly into the account where my husband puts aside pre-tax dollars to be used for our health care.)  These charges were obviously bogus - they were to an Internet address based in Istanbul, Turkey.  There were a total of SIX charges, including three charges to convert U.S. dollars to whatever currency they use in Turkey.

We found the charges a couple of weeks ago.  Optum Health Bank's position is that since it's over 60 days since the charges, we are simply out the money.  To make things worse, we have to pay the IRS a 20% penalty for this money being used for something other than health care!!

WHY did Optum Bank not catch this?!  WHY did they approve charges for non-medical use in a foreign country neither my husband or myself have ever been?!  WHY did they not call us?!  And now WHY are they trying to use some bogus rationalization to stick us with this bill?!

We are both absolutely furious!  Optum Health sent my husband a new HSA credit card, but we think we will cut up both cards and tell Optum Health to kiss off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2011 07:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OptumHealth-Inc/Golden-Valley-Minnesota-55427/OptumHealth-Inc-Optum-Health-Bank-Optum-Health-HSA-Card-allowed-SIX-foreign-fraudulent-749931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OptumHealth, Inc.

Fixed it - after we complained to the FDIC; Optum still terrible

AUTHOR: peeeeeanut - (United States of America)

We wrote a complaint about Optum/United Healthcare to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and somehow, under threat of government enforcement, they found it in their hearts to refund the money they should never have let these thieves steal in the first place.

Basically OptumHealth is a horrible company.  They're set up to prevent you from reaching anyone who can help you - if you need to contact anyone for some reason, you'll be put through about 50 different automated response systems and transferred all over the place before you reach a customer rep who's invariably surly, doesn't give a flip about your problem, and won't bother to do any research before hanging up on you.

I just had a reimbursement for a medical procedure go missing and OptumHealth Bank basically told me to drop dead - it's not their problem, even though I have a PDF screenshot of the request and can prove I placed it.

I'm being forced to stay with them - my husband works for company that offers Optum/United as the only option for health insurance - but if I had any choice in the matter what-so-ever I would fire them and never look back.

Shame on you, Optum Health!!  You're pretty well the poster child for the behemoth, out of control corporation that doesn't give a flip about doing a good job or caring for its customers.  I'm sure your CEO is enjoying the eleventh mansion he bought this year, though.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC