Complaint Review: Overland Park Regional Medical

• Updated: Thu, September 19, 2013

• Reported By: Magda — Olathe Kansas
Overland Park Regional Medical
10500 Quivira Road, Overland Park, Kansas USA

Overland Park Regional Medical Charged me 1,096.00 plus doctor 188.25 when I had to go to emergency all they did is right me a prescription for prednisone. Overland Park Kansas

*Consumer Suggestion: Complain to their risk management director

I am a very ill person with many serious conditions, I have always paid my bills. I couldn't move my right hand at all one night it wsaw hurting so bad and numb so I went to Overland Park medical center in Overland Park, Kansas. They had no one waiting so they took me right away I was so happy that they will help my severe pain. The doctor came in looked at my hand and gave me a prescription for 20mg prednisone bills. My friend had to keep driving to find an open pharmacy at 3:30AM

i get 2 bills one from the hospital for 1,097.00 after my insurance the bill was $441.00 and I received another bill for the doctor that wrote me a prescription $462.00. I qualify for hospital assistance but the bill has to be over $1,000.00 for me to qualifOils that is their policy I called every hospital around and they told me they qualify people for aid no matter what the amount is. So they will help me if the bill is over $1,000. [continued below]....

.....00 or may be $20,000.00 or maybe 300,000.00 but not a bill for 441.00 for emergency room and they have nothing to do with the doctor bill which is $462.00 and they will not work with me. I am on disability and I can't move after paying for insurance I can barley make it.

They would rather let financial aid pay thousands of dollars with no problem but they won't help with $441.00 that makes no sense and the billing personal are mean and rude. Don't go to that hospital they are friendly as long as they know you have great insurance. Otherwise you are treated bad. Mean and rude staff. Billing people have no compation for my situation.

They also split the bill on purpose so after insurance it's not over $1,000.00 for each bill that shoulI not be legal.i intend on writing my story on every social network and contact the news if I have to. It's just wrong.

If they gave me something for my severe pain which was the reason I went it would justify the bill but I had to take the prednisone for 48 hours to get relief. if I knew that is all they are going to do and send me home in severe pain I could have waited and went to my doctor and paid $20.00 co-pay and got much better service. Shame on you Overland Park Regional medical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2013 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Overland-Park-Regional-Medical-/Overland-Park-Kansas-66215/Overland-Park-Regional-Medical-Charged-me-109600-plus-doctor-18825-when-I-had-to-go-t-1085773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Overland Park Regional Medical

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Complain to their risk management director

AUTHOR: Not Applicable - ()

I've had similar problems with Overland Park Regional, and I just wrote my own complaint on this site. I'd suggest that you complain to their risk management director: Anita Nelson. If you call their number, they'll transfer you to her v-mail. Moreover, if you ask for her e-mail, they'll refer you to a secretary that will provide it the address to you. HCA Midwest is atrocious.