Complaint Review: Ozarks Preferred Dental Group

• Updated: Wed, November 27, 2013

• Reported By: David — Springfield Missouri
Ozarks Preferred Dental Group
3259 East Sunshine, Suite Q Springfield, Missouri USA

Ozarks Preferred Dental Group Misleading and Deceptive regarding Policies and Procedures Springfield Missouri

*Author of original report: Response to Customer Service??

*General Comment: Customer service??

My wife has been going to Ozarks Preferred Dental Group for 6+ years, she had a "flipper" made by them and was told that as long as she had it any adjustments would be free of charge. She even went and had an extra one made in 2011. So for over 6 years and 2 doctors she has made several trips to get the "flipper" adjusted, and each time she did this she would go to the front desk and ask if she owed anything and they would respond by saying it was free, part of the service.

She made an appointment for 11/26/13, we went in as usual, and she went back to get her "flipper" adjusted. She was then told that there would be a charge of over $200 for the service according to company policy. What policy!?!?! This upset my wife and I a bit. So we asked to speak to the office manager.

The office manager told us that the policy was that adjustments were only good for one year then after that first year charges would ensue. Our response was why had we not been told of this policy for over the last 6 years and had been getting free adjustments this whole time. She had no real response other than quoting the policy again. I then began to tell her I understood the policy and did not dispute it but it was her lack of managment ability to properly run the office and inform her staff that clients, like us, were not aware of this policy and that this policy had not been enforced for over 6 years.

I have worked in retail for over 30 years and customer service has always been top priority for me. The customer comes first, you want to make and keep them happy so they will continue to come back and shop at your stores! Sometimes you take a hit lose some money, but you retain that customer and he/she continues to spend money which ensures you and your employees keep their jobs.

Not at any point did the office manager go to Dr. Reynolds and fight for our case. Example, hey Dr. Reynolds we have some clients here who have been with us for over 6 years, we as a company made a mistake and misinformed this client. I think we should try to do something to retain her business since this was our fault not their fault. If we do nothing we lose a customer but if we work something out we continue to have a paying customer for years to come. (which would have been true)

We were not asking for free service, we were just shocked at the treatment we received and lack of customer service provided. The office manager did nothing just sat there and said I'm sorry there is nothing we can do.

I then contacted them through there Facebook page, letting them know how I feel similar in the way this reads. I got a couple of responses, but they were simple We have the right to charge fees for our services, replies, which I fully understand and don't dispute like I said to them in my post on their page, they just did not get the fact that we were upset because of the way we were treated not because of the charges we would have to pay, because we would have paid them! They deleted my post from their Facebook page and blocked me from the site:)

Another thing that points out their lack of office competencies is each time we called to set up an appointment you would think they would notice that we had not paid for the adjustments for over 6 years, and when on the phone they could have stated the policy so we could have been prepared. Especially on this last visit. I am sure Dr. Reynolds is a good dentist and his staff, besides the office manager, has always been nice. But this is his 3rd office he has been in and in my opinion he is losing clients due to Him and his office manager's lack of skill at running a business and how to properly use customer service.

I would just warn people who are using or who are thinking about using this office, is to rethink it or make sure you are getting all the correct information. Which they seem to have a problem distributing around there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ozarks-Preferred-Dental-Group/Springfield-Missouri-65804/Ozarks-Preferred-Dental-Group-Misleading-and-Deceptive-regarding-Policies-and-Procedures-1102667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ozarks Preferred Dental Group

Response to Customer Service??

AUTHOR: David - ()

I guess you do not read very well, in my post I NEVER ASK FOR ANOTHER FREE YEAR!!!!!! In fact if they would have tried to resolve the situation we would have paid for the adjustment and future adjustments. GET YOU'RE FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POST, IT KEEPS YOU FROM LOOKING STUPID!

#2 General Comment

Customer service??

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

So you worked in retail for 30 years dealing with customer service and YOU STILL ACT THIS WAY!! Who the hell are you to call out a manager when after SIX YEARS you are charged. So basically youre acting like a a**because they WONT give you another year free. Thats what this whole post is. You call out the office manager for "Not going to bat for you" then you turn around and bash them because they have the NERVE to EXPECT you to pay. Get over it you PITA!!

How you can have worked in CS and still act this way is beyond me. You MUST think you are SOOOOO much better then the people who did the SAME THING to you. Jacka**.....