Complaint Review: Parts Direct

• Updated: Tue, September 03, 2013

• Reported By: Upset Customer — MONTEREY PARK California
Parts Direct
5741 Carlton Way Los Angele, California USA

Parts Direct @ Sears Marketplace Mall Cunning & tricky return policy - make goods non-refundable Los Angeles California

*UPDATE Employee: SearsCares

I ordered a refrigerator water filler thru Sears.com's Marketplace. The vendor's name is Parts Direct. When I received it, I found the filter didn't fit my refrigerator. When I contacted the vendor, the vendor told me their return policy as follow:

"Return Policy: All buyers may return any items in the acceptable condition within 30 days. Unopened and unused items in their new condition returned within 30 days will receive a refund or exchange. No items can be returned if they are used, damaged, scratched... All items should be kept in their original condition.
The refunds are subject to evaluate restocking fee which is charged for 30% to a buyer for returned items. The restocking fee includes cost for commodity materials, shipping labels, and labor."

The vendor told me since I had OPENED the item, and there were scratches since I had tried to fit the filler into my refrigerator, it's not refundable.

I found it's so unfair, I contacted Sears. Sears told me: "Market place items are ineligible for return." I didn't see this before I placed the order. If I have known it's not returnable, I would not order it.

I tried to write a review on Sears.com to warn other people not to buy from this vendor, Sears didn't even post my review. This vendor is 5 stars out of 5. That means Sears is working with their vendors to cheat from the customers. That's really horrible. I would not order from Sears Marketplace anymore!

Here are more reviews I found about Sears.com Marketplace.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2013 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Parts-Direct/Los-Angele-California-90028/Parts-Direct-Sears-Marketplace-Mall-Cunning-amp-tricky-return-policy-make-goods-non-1081167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Parts Direct

SearsCares

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Dear Upset Customer,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for level of customer service you’ve received from in reference to the filter that didn’t fit your refrigerator. We would like to assist you and provide any assistance deemed necessary.  Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Upset Customer) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.  Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Edwin C.