Complaint Review: PCCleaner Pro

• Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By: Natalie — Annandale Virginia United States of America
PCCleaner Pro
New Delhi, India New Delhi, Select State/Province United States of America

PCCleaner Pro PCTooll. After an hour setting up the program, I'm told I need to paym$380 to get rid of the "junk files" ! Then my PC crashes and is held hostage to "Microsoft Specialist" for $250 , then $100 . New Delhi, Other

The PCCleaner kept popping up on my screen, and I made the mistake of not checking it out . Next thing I knew, I was linked with a 20 year old who took an hour of my time showing me how flawed my one month old pc was. When I mentioned that one of their claims was to get rid of junk files, he said the error messages I had were ae too serious to be deleted by him. Enter "super specialist Certified Microsoft Superman" who, for a mere $380 , will take care of all of my month old pc. When I said that this was what I paid for my PC, he lowered the bid to $250 , and then to "100". When I questioned having to pay extra at all to have the original work done,"specialist " shrieked: I will lose my job if I don't charge you!
My PC is totally useless, and I have been on the phone for three days trying to get these cons to restore my PC to its good condition before I made the mistake of assigning up with them. It is a real scam, and I am looking for a consumer agency who will publicize this and make it his scam public.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PCCleaner-Pro/New-Delhi-Select-StateProvince-/PCCleaner-Pro-PCTooll-After-an-hour-setting-up-the-program-Im-told-I-need-to-paym380-925043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PCCleaner Pro