Complaint Review: Plaor

• Reported By: Justice — Chicago Illinois
Plaor
12 Channel Street Suite 602 Boston MA 0 Boston, Massachusetts USA

Plaor Freelance Professionals Beware! Boston and Los Angeles Massachusetts

Thier name says it all--this company is "Playing" freelancers!

This company appears to have 2 locations, one in Boston and one in LA.

Regardless of where they are located--FREELANCERS BEWARE!!!

They post ads online for various type of freelance work, and send over standard freelance contracts. They have you perform work for them and provide feedback over a span of several weeks.

It appears to be a legitimate company--but they never pay you for work completed.

Instead they send a series of emails stating things such as:

"We are working out bugs in our system and will get back to you soon."

"We're a startup for give us for our lack of organization."

"Thank you for your patience, we will have everything straightened out soon."

Even when you can call and get them on the phone they claim that they will "straighten" everything out soon.

After a month of back and forth I finally gave up and accepted my loss. However, 3 months after accepting the work I submitted (I even have an email thanking me for work well done) they have the audacity to tell me that they did not accept any work I completed for them, and would not be paying me.

When I asked them why after 20+ emails and phone calls stating that they were pleased with my work, how this could be possible--they did not respond.

It is clear to me that this "startup's" plan is to place ads for freelance work--but never pay for the work completed.

I have been working freelance since 2008 and can typically spot a fraud, but Plaor communicated just enough that I thought they were legit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2014 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plaor/Boston-Massachusetts-02210/Plaor-Freelance-Professionals-Beware-Boston-and-Los-Angeles-Massachusetts-1124232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plaor