Complaint Review: quality carriers

• Updated: Thu, June 24, 2010

• Reported By: Phil — Pinellas Park Florida United States of America
quality carriers

quality carriers Quality Distribution Volunteer Plan? Internet

I got hired April 26th 2010 after their recruiter made several requests for me to return his calls. I finally agreed to take the job. I drove to NC for 4 days of training then back to the house. I was told by Harry in Safety that I had to work with another driver for 7-10 more days of on the job training. I came home on Friday April 30th and waited til May 11th for my first training day had another on the 12th then again on the 14th and the 20th and that was the end of my training.

When I called to ask whats going on everyday and begged to be put to work I was told they were having a hard time finding local runs for me to train. Then was given a dry bulk run. Next I was given a liquid load that could not be delivered with a dry tractor so the run could not be completed and I went home waiting for them to get it right. I called in daily I was told by Mark Bryan that the owner Randy Schmucker has authorized payroll to give me reimbersement for fuel for training days since I had to drive an hour and a half away and 100 per day for sitting on my ass because they didnt want me to look for another job... so again I waited. I called Harry again and was told there would be new ownership of the franchise office on June 12th and to just hang in there and call the new owner Mickey Howe tell your story and he will get you working. But until he takes over you will have to ride it out with Schmucker.... which I did for the last week.. I sat because they wouldnt work me. Then after working the first week for Howe I never got a final paycheck. They didnt pay for my sitting and they didnt pay for the 2 runs I had done. After I threatend to call US Dept of wage and labor Schmucker called and said he would indeed pay me but it would be a week late and they were shorting me 200 with no just cause nor reason.

I called Howe he said when he took over he would work my ass off. I have now been out for 13 days Ive had 3 restarts in less than 2 weeks and only 2 runs! Now they want me and some other driver to run as a team. I did not sign up to run teams I am a solo driver period. So I have had no pay in 2 weeks, only 2 runs in 13 days and now some jackass in my truck that called whining to the boss because I smoke and he doesnt and its my damn truck! Not to mention he never said anything to me while he was in my damn truck for 10 hours. And now Wade my ever so intelligent dispatcher wants me to pick this guy up and team to missouri and back! Did I mention we only have 1 damn bunk?????!!!!! and since they have left me in parking lots for 34+ hours I am having a real problem with the idea of sharing my truck! And the best part is the guy Im picking up just finished his 4 days in NC and had his first on the job training day with.... ME, the guy that only had a 4 days of otj training myself!

Dont work for these people as they wont pay you, wont run you and they will have you sit for days on end while they try to figure out who they havent screwed over enough yet so they can get the truck washed because they owe everyone and their brother money and then another day or so to get you a load. They tell you, you will work, but what they mean is you will volunteer and wait indefinately!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2010 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/quality-carriers/internet/quality-carriers-Quality-Distribution-Volunteer-Plan-Internet-617018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on quality carriers