- Report: #887037
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Quality Move co
Quality Move co4201 wrightwood ave chicago, Illinois United States of America
Quality Move co Driver/ scam artist Johnny driver operates furniture wrap scam, will not honor moving quote.Company won't make him. chicago, Illinois
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
- Received a quote to move 3 rooms of furniture to KY. approx 500 miles. Full price Quote $1500. Driver johnny was trying to wrap all the furniture in plastic wrap. I was uncomfortable with this. I asked the driver how much he was going to charge for this. Johnny said $400 - $500. I told him no. I told him moving blankets are included, put a blanket around it and put it on the truck, - no, your stuff will be damaged - none of your stuff will be insured. Phone calls to company did not help. Johnny complained to me of only being paid $10.00 per hr. He runs this furniture wrap service as a side business. Your furniture will not be moved without paying extra. Company would not help. Had no recourse. No home phone service. No internet service. Computer equipment in various boxes or totes. My move was being held hostage for extra money on the day of the move. The company let him run this scam.
They are most likely all Russian relatives. Had to negotiate an extra $250 over the phone. Johnny wraped everything in plastic. , except boxes and totes,of course.
Move cost me extra extortion fee of $250 for plastic wrap scam. They delivered within a week to my home in ky. I did not notice but over a week later I realized I was missing a chair. I never called to company. The moving truck at my ky home was from budget rental. Different truck than what was loaded at starting point. I discovered the missing chair long after they were gone. The same helper was there, but not the driver johnny. They had 3 households on the same truck. My chair was given away I guess. It only cost $100 on sale. Black highback computer chair. Bad part was it was my birthday present from my wife. Total ripoff amount was only $350. Probably far less than they scam from others. I was very upset on how they do business. They are not honest with you. They should be punished for their extortion tactics. Holding your move hostage till you agree to pay extra to johnny, who is most likely a russian relative. The whole company is in on the scam.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quality-Move-co/chicago-Illinois-60659/Quality-Move-co-Driver-scam-artist-Johnny-driver-operates-furniture-wrap-scam-will-not-h-887037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.