Complaint Review: Quality Move co

• Updated: Wed, May 23, 2012

• Reported By: john2155 — nancy Kentucky United States of America
Quality Move co
4201 wrightwood ave chicago, Illinois United States of America

Quality Move co Driver/ scam artist Johnny driver operates furniture wrap scam, will not honor moving quote.Company won't make him. chicago, Illinois

•  Received a quote to move 3 rooms of furniture to KY. approx 500 miles.  Full price Quote $1500. Driver johnny was trying to wrap all the furniture in plastic wrap. I was uncomfortable with this. I asked the driver how much he was going to charge for this. Johnny said $400 - $500. I told him no. I told him moving blankets are included, put a blanket around it and put it on the truck, - no, your stuff will be damaged - none of your stuff will be insured. Phone calls to company did not help. Johnny complained to me of only being paid $10.00 per hr. He runs this furniture wrap service as a side business. Your furniture will not be moved without paying extra. Company would not help. Had no recourse. No home phone service. No internet service. Computer equipment in various boxes or totes. My move was being held hostage for extra  money on the day of the move. The company let him run this scam.

They are most likely all Russian relatives. Had to negotiate an extra $250 over the phone. Johnny wraped everything in plastic. , except boxes and totes,of course.

Move cost me extra extortion fee of $250 for plastic wrap scam. They delivered within a week to my home in ky. I did not notice but over a week later I realized I was missing a chair. I never called to company. The moving truck at my ky home was from budget rental. Different truck than what was loaded at starting point. I discovered the missing chair long after they were gone. The same helper was there, but not the driver johnny. They had 3 households on the same truck. My chair was given away I guess. It only cost $100 on sale. Black highback computer chair. Bad part was it was my birthday present from my wife. Total ripoff amount was only $350. Probably far less than they scam from others. I was very upset on how they do business. They are not honest with you. They should be punished for their extortion tactics. Holding your move hostage till you agree to pay extra to johnny, who is most likely a russian relative. The whole company is in on the scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Quality-Move-co/chicago-Illinois-60659/Quality-Move-co-Driver-scam-artist-Johnny-driver-operates-furniture-wrap-scam-will-not-h-887037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Quality Move co