Complaint Review: RBS Worldpay

• Updated: Sat, March 22, 2014

• Reported By: Bar/Tavern — Saratoga Springs New York
RBS Worldpay
600 Morgan Falls Atlanta, Georgia USA

RBS Worldpay Closed my business, notified Worldpay in advance and they say I STILL owe them Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: Response to World pay

*UPDATE Employee: WorldPay US, Inc.

I owned a bar/restaurant. RBS was the company that serviced my credit card terminal.  I signed a 60 day trial with RBS and then continued to use their services for the five years I was operating.  I opened April 2009 and closed October 2013.

I never signed any other agreement.  I never saw any other terms.  They never notified me or sent any communication regarding any renewal.

I notified RBS Worldpay that I was closing and no longer needed their services in July 2013. I never heard from them. After I closed and contacted them again to end my terminal, they said I could not discontinue their payments because my "contract" did not end until March of 2014.  Again, I did not have a contract with them and notified them 60 days in advance that I was closing.

I finally sent them a letter saying they are no longer authorized to take any funds out of my account in November 2013.  I decided to close my account at my bank because I just knew they would try anyway.  All of my vendors had been paid at that time so I could.  Sure enough, I received a letter from Worldpay sauing that I owed them a fee because when they tried to take a payment out of my account, there was no money in there.

I spoke and communicated with several representatives from Worldpay.  No one ever got back to me except to say that I owed them. They kept referring me to Centrury(which is the bank they used)  I tried to communicate with Century and no one could answer why they felt I owe anything to them except to keep saying I have a contract with them.  I faxed and emailed the only "contract" I ever signed and asked them to show me something that said I do owe them.  They never could or did.

They then sent me to collection agency.  That collection agency added a fee.  They were not able to collect because I told them and explained I do not owe.  I do not know what happened in house with my issue, but the next thing I know I get a call from yet another collection agency.  They then tacked on more fees.

I do not owe them and do not want my credit effected.  I have tried to negotiate with this last credit card company.  I was even thinking about paying something just to end this whole nightmare.  The amount is not large, but I do not feel I owe and feel that I should not pay anything.  I held up my end of the contract and then some.

I would love to get a class action suit going because I feel that they are doing this to many people and it does wear you down and I have a good credit rating and I really do not want it effected.

What can I do?  How do you get a class action suit started?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2014 05:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RBS-Worldpay/Atlanta-Georgia-30350/RBS-Worldpay-Closed-my-business-notified-Worldpay-in-advance-and-they-say-I-STILL-owe-th-1132665. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RBS Worldpay

Response to World pay

AUTHOR: Starting Gate Bar & Grill - ()

I will email, however, been there done that.   Nothing was done for me.  I waited and waited for someone to help me and nothing.

I spoke to Courtney Browning | Customer ImpactWorldPay via email several times.

I am not sure if one hand sees what the other hand is doing in your company.  No one seem to know what I was talking about.  I have been communicating since July 2013 on this issue.

WorldPay US, Inc.

AUTHOR: WorldPay Customer Impact - ()

We recently saw your post and would like to address your concerns. Please provide us with your merchant ID and contact information by emailing customer.Impact@worldpay.us and we will reach out to you to discuss further.