Complaint Review: Refund Gateway Tax Services

• Submitted: Wed, November 28, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: Community Leader — Culver City California United States of America
Refund Gateway Tax Services
11200 Crenshaw Boulevard Inglewood, California United States of America

Refund Gateway Tax Services Formerly known as Instant Tax Services Refund Gateway Tax Services is a fraudulent company that is unethical, discriminatory, and is operating illegally. The Attorney General's office needs to investigate the legitimacy of this company th Inglewood, California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: TRUTH

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Gateway is a RipOff

*UPDATE Employee: Gateway Tax Service is a GREAT company!

Refund Gateway Tax Services has been involved in organized crime, discrimination, unethical and illegal conduct, and ripping-off the people who live and work in the community.  I was interviewed for a part-time position at this company.  After the interview, I was informed that I was chosen to attend a training as a tax preparer. When I went to attend the training, I had received a phone call that this company has been ripping-off indiduals who live in the community via over charging them for their taxes, and taking a portion of their refund. Once I arrived at the company for the training course, the assistant at the desk whose name was LaShawn was extremely rude and verbally abusive when I arrived.  She specified that she had very limited education, and that she was working at this company, because she had no choice.  I informed her that I have never seen such disrepect, and unintelligible behavior.  I inquired about the legitimacy of the company, and she was extremely angry.  One of the owners of this company whose name was Kenneth came to the front and vicioulsy specified that I was talking to much about my Master's Degree, and that I was asking to many questions about the validity of the company; therefore, he rudely informed me that I was not right for the company, and he rudely told me to leave.   In addition, I was told that one of the owners of the company who is of international origin and is here illegally, and has a history of being involved in organized crime.  I was told that his first name is Kenneth, and he speaks with a heavy accent.  I believe that he was the gentleman who was at the office, who was extremely disrespectful and rude.  The federal Trade Commission and the Attorney General should investigate the legitimacy of this company operating illegally in the state of California.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Refund-Gateway-Tax-Services/Inglewood-California-90203/Refund-Gateway-Tax-Services-Formerly-known-as-Instant-Tax-Services-Refund-Gateway-Tax-Ser-975187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Refund Gateway Tax Services

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

TRUTH

AUTHOR: ThaTruthTella - ()

I CAN AGREE WITH THE ABOVE COMMENTS.  HECOCK(KENNY), ZAK AND RUTH KNOWINGLY AND INTENTIONALLY STEAL FROM THEYRE CLIENTS.  THEY ALLOW STORE MANAGERS TO SELL DEPENDENT INFORMATION AND EVEN CHARGE FOR SCH C FILING.  THEY WILL HOLD ON TO YOUR REFUND CHECK AND NOT CALL YOU TO TELL YOU IT HAS ARRIVED.  THIS COMPANY IS UNPROFESSIONAL, BREAKS ALL CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY, AND IS UNTRUSTWORTHY.  THE FEDS AND THE IRS HAS ALREADY GOTTEN INFORMATION ABOUT THEM FROM FORMER CLIENTS. ITS LIKE A MADHOUSE IN THEYRE OFFICES.  THEYRE ROBBING THE POOR TO KEEP THEM IN PALOS VERDES.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Gateway is a RipOff

AUTHOR: PRINCESS POIZN - (United States of America)

Just to address your rebuttal in regards to Gateway aka Instant Tax Service. I worked for the company when it first started. Helping with the advertisement and marketing plus I was one of the district managers here and I can honestly say stay away from this company. Kenny, Zack, KB, Ruth and the rest of the owners and managers here actually went to H&R block and took the course there to do taxes. I know this because I was in class with them. Being that I was top of the class and had an actual CPA degree they offered me the position of teaching the first set of preparers who joined us. I have actual proof that they have stolen from their clients and have tried blaming it on the staff of people who dont know better.

Gateway Tax Service is a GREAT company!

AUTHOR: S.Hood - (United States of America)

When I read this article I couldn't help but think to myself "What a joke." I been been employed with this company for the last 3 tax seasons. I anticipate coming back every year! The District managers have been nothing but kind hearted and loyal to both employees and customers. Going over and beyond the call of duty to do whatever they could do to help. They are a great help in the communities they serve. (Los Angeles, Compton, Long Beach, and Inglewood) They offer clients advances and have great prices. They make sure all offices are like home environments, making sure there is fresh brewed coffee, tea, fruit, water, pizza, and sometimes fresh baked cookies baked by the district manager herself in the main office. There are even activities for the children like coloring. They always put their clients first and that is what I love about them.

Gateway Tax service is a great company to be employed with. They understand the needs of a single mother allowing you to take time off to care for a sick child and they give opportunities to people that other companies would not even take a second look at. You have an opportunity to grow with the company. They offer free tax classes for the prepares and offer assistance in paying for the proper licensing. The person that posted this report was clearly upset and had a personal vendetta. It hurts my heart that they would say such harsh things about people I know for a fact have hearts of gold. I hope this reply helps any readers to make a decision to choose gateway, and not believe everything you read. As you can see this is the only report posted about the company. Have a great day!