Complaint Review: Richard Kelly

• Updated: Sun, July 21, 2013

• Reported By: Carey — Louisville Kentucky
Richard Kelly
Nassau, Bahamas

Windwhistle Nassau Bahama Richard Kelly Windwhistle NassauHomeaway Rental 247989Rentalo 315549VRBO 337121 Scammer rents Nassau home as luxury accomodations and it is completely un-inhabitable, dangerous & he can watch you on the web Nassau Bahamas

We arrived for check in on 07-13-13 at 4 PM.  We were dropped off by Rich Kelly’s recommended taxi driver and greeted by his live-in groundskeeper who spoke very broken English.  The taxi driver left immediately after dropping us off.  It took approximately 4 minutes for me,  my husband, my children and my elderly parents to realize that the property was uninhabitable. I called the taxi driver and asked him to come back for us immediately; that we would not be staying there.  The groundskeeper followed us as we walked through the home in disbelief.  We told him that we would not stay there and would leave immediately.  This is what we observed:

Broken windows, exposed wiring, kitchen filled with bugs (crawling & flying) hidden video surveillance system accessible from internet, huge chunks of paint falling off ceilings above beds, rusted glass and steel spiral staircase held together with masking tape, stained raunchy old bedding and towels, moldy carpet, holes in roof, entire front of house completely open to rain and bugs because 30 feet by 12 feet folding doors would not close, pool chairs were all broken, pool water was green and brackish, steps going into pool were concrete blocks, rotted window sills. [continued below]....

.....

I got on the phone and called the Sheraton in Nassau and booked four rooms there. I sent Rich Kelly an email informing him that the property was unsafe and un-inhabitable and that I wanted a refund of all the money I sent him.  I have received no response.  His only method of contact is through email, as the only phone numbers he provided us were for the taxi driver and the groundskeeper.

I want a full refund from the property owner.  Interestingly, we are not the only people swindled by this man – please take a look at the attached link for another story just like mine.  I only wish I had seen it prior to sending Rich Kelly any money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2013 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Richard-Kelly/Nassau-/Windwhistle-Nassau-Bahama-Richard-Kelly-Windwhistle-NassauHomeaway-Rental-247989Rentalo-3-1068888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Richard Kelly