dealers

• Updated: Fri, September 06, 2013

• Reported By: Michael1294 — Beaver Falls Pennsylvania
rightC3
3960 Howard Hughes Parkway Las Vegas, Nevada USA

rightC3 preys on those who desire guidance for college application process Las Vegas Nevada

*Author of original report: Fake "Student" Response

*Consumer Comment: student

It all started when I recieved a letter from c3right Workshop telling me to attend a "workshop" AKA a seminar. It also read that if i were to show up at the seminar, I would recieve an interview at the end of the seminar to determined if i qualify for financial aid. The letter was very misleading, I thought the letter meant aid for college (which was the main reason I went) not aid for the program.

After the seminar, I met with a representative named Dyrell for an interview which really wasn't an interview, it was more of a conversation about nothing. After we talked, he decided to give me a "scholarship" which was $1000 off the program but I still had to pay $900 and they coaxed me and my mother to sign the agreement, now i'm stuck paying $19 every week for something I will never use. And nowhere in the letter, did it say that they were going to blindside us to pay for their services. [continued below]....

..... The very next day, I went to set up an account and then I discover the contents were completely useless!

I mean everything which useless especially those stupid little video they have you watch that always tell you things you already knew  but only you're paying for those redundant advices. And don't get me started at their attempt to "prep" me for the SATs and ACTs! Their little prep questions uses the dumbest scenerios in the questions about aliens and cyborgs. I swear to you, ALL of the questions are about aliens.

They claim they can help you through the college application process but many things they suggest things that you can do on your own. They also don't provide much help with finding scholarship and you can find WAY better scholarship information on your own through websites that do it for free. There is a reason that they are a private company because the government wouldn't approve of how they do business.

Now I'm stuck paying $19 dollars every two weeks for something I will never used. Also when I tried to talk to the accounting department about possibly cancelling my account, I was talked to in a very disrespectful and condescending way. I never been ripped off before and before this situation, I was already a cynical person and now I'm extra cautious so I don't run the risk of getting scamed again.

I envy those not in the same position as I am. I did not know how basic and useless the services were going to be, otherwise I would have done the things they provided  I did not see the website's content beforehand, otherwise I wouldn't have been involved with this stupid program to begin with! Always be wary of these kind of things.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2013 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/rightC3/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89169/rightC3-preys-on-those-who-desire-guidance-for-college-application-process-Las-Vegas-Nevad-1082355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on rightC3

Fake "Student" Response

AUTHOR: Michael1294 - ()

It is OBVIOUS that you're not a real customer and that you are, in fact, a RightC3 representative posing as a student. You have a very dirty company and MANY agree! Type in right C3 in google and you will find many inquiries about how much of a scam right c3 is!

student

AUTHOR: Stephanie - ()

I'm glad we didn't research this before actually getting in the program. If our family did then I am sure my parents would not have enrolled us. We enrolled in a family plan with RightC3 and both my sister and I love it. I was going to my website and saw all the other wedsites that had different things listed. Why do you feel like it is stupid? It has helped guide me to the best colleges that are a good fit for me and my family, I love the tutors, and there is so much more.

My parents concerns are at ease because they feel relieved that they get the help in all the paperwork and stuff involved because they didn't know what to do and I was scared about that. I have started setting up my test prep and like it. Where are the aliens? Haven't came across that yet.. And why/how did you get a scholarship? I think things like this is bad. True, some families may not need it but some really do and I am glad my parents did. What is best for some may not be best for others but I don't know why you can call it stupid or a scam.