Complaint Review: ritzcamera.com

• Reported By: Nikonian — Long Beach California United States of America
ritzcamera.com

ritzcamera.com Ritzinteractive Lied twice about order cancellation , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Curious

I ordered a Nikon D7000, expecting it to beshipped within around 24 hours. I had these expectations only because their website claimed "in stock- usually ships within 24 hours." I paid for 2 day delivery to make sure I got it on time. It took three days to ship. After 48 hours, I called customer service to cancel the order, but couldn't get through; twice I waited on hold for 15-20 minutes, only to hear the operator pick up the phone and then hang up, as if to get rid of a caller. It sounds like a click, you hear the sound of a phone room tith a bunch of voices in the background, then another click right away. So, their phone customer support is as bad as it can get.

So, I used the live chat. They told me there was no way to get the package on time. They said they could cancel it. I said please do, and they confirmed it was cancelled. I said thank you. After that,I connected to live chat to ask when I should see a refund on my card. They told me the card doesn't get charged until the item ships and confirmed again the item was cancelled, and my card wasn't charged.

The next afternoon, I gotanotification that my order shipped. I called customer support and got through. They said the order was never cancelled. The one honest thing I was told was they would charge the 15% charge for restocking. I haven't even recieved the package.

I'm interested to see if the salesman lied aboutwhether it's grey market or not; these people have no moral problem with making false claims. They always seem to benefit from them.

I'm going to sell the camera in the classifieds. I don't even trust these people enough to tell the truth about if they got it or what condition it is in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2011 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ritzcameracom/internet/ritzcameracom-Ritzinteractive-Lied-twice-about-order-cancellation-Internet-684028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ritzcamera.com

Curious

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

While the site does say "Usually ships",what Date AND Time did you order the camera?