Complaint Review: River Rock Trade

• Updated: Fri, March 07, 2014

• Reported By: Jfunk — lansdale Pennsylvania
River Rock Trade
650 N Cannon Ave lansdale, Pennsylvania USA

River Rock Trade River Rock Trade watch out! ripoff! total scam lansdale Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: File with Attorney General

River Rock Trade approached our small business in January 2014. The concept sounded great basically they are a brokering service that allows your small business to barter for services with other small businesses. we were told they had all kinds of businesses signed up so basically whatever you are looking for they can find for you. If you want a dentist, florist, construction etc..they will find a buiness to barter with you. The sign up fee was $695. The first month we had other business owners come in to our salon to barter for our services. We gave out $500 worth of our services.

The problem came when we tried to redeem for things we needed. We tried for six weeks and gave them at least 8 differnt things we needed. They couldn't do any and then basically just stopped emailing us or calling back.

We are out $1150 and cannot get a hold from anyone from the company. will not return calls or emails. Not sure if this is a legitmate company or not but we filed a complaint with the bbb and are expecting a refund.

watch out if they come to your small business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2014 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/River-Rock-Trade/lansdale-Pennsylvania-19446/River-Rock-Trade-River-Rock-Trade-watch-out-ripoff-total-scam-lansdale-Pennsylvania-1129005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on River Rock Trade

File with Attorney General

AUTHOR: Jean GY - ()

I was taken by River Rock Trade in May of 2013. They were operating out of Allentown PA. They took my money and never sent me anyone for my business or to give me any services. They also dissappeared from here. When I paid them my fee they had me send it to a paypal account that was under the name  Merchants Barter Exchange INC. I tried to serve them in small claims but they have a fraudulent address on their brochures.    I filed a complaint  form from the Attorney Generals web site.  They said that since we are businesses doing business with each other that they need for more people to file formal complaints so they can then show a reason to investigate.   You need to put their real name in the complaint title too.  River Rock trade/ Merchants barter Exchange.   He used the name Rob Stephens  with me. That is just an alias, With Merchants Barter Exchange in the complaint title it will link all the complaints together.