Complaint Review: Roommate Finders

• Updated: Sun, June 10, 2012

• Reported By: Smokin Joe — Lomita California United States of America
Roommate Finders
5353 N.Fed.Hwy suite 202 Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Roommate Finders Roommatefinders.com Blatent Lies, Company is a complete Sham & fraudulent Scam No Referrals given, Impossible to contact after subscribing Fort Lauderdale, Florida

According to their only website, company promises to find, screen and refer suitable renters for any area in the country. Upon calling the listed phone no. a Susie Stein will solicit a subscription for $85 and will promise to find the perfect candidate for your situation and area, and say anything to get a payment.  Upon trusting her personal statements, I agreed to make a payment of $85 on my Visa debit card (big mistake,as there is no recourse of disputing) and a few days later received a mailed statement confirming my payment, and  informed me that it was non-refundable. This has been the only communication from them in over 2 months. They have provided NO referrals. There is NO working website which one could use to review candidates or add info or download photos to my personal ad as promised. I have called them to request referrals between noon and 2 pm Mondays only, as instructed and have managed to contact Susie only once in 7 attempts, who told me she was "too busy" to take my call and to contact an Lroberts who runs a non-existant website. Her phone mail-box is always full, and she must screen any subscribed callers to avoid any contact. I have written her a letter requesting references, and also requested my money be refunded, and informed her that if she did not respond by a defined date, I would begin posting my experience on websites such as Ripoff Report, Scambook, Complaints Board, and would also file a report with the FBI. There has been no response, and I have therefore taken the time to post my comments as stated, and just finished filing a report with ic3.gov/complaints-internet fraud (FBI website) who supposedly will forward my complaint to local relevant agencies such as BBB and consumer groups. I strongly encourage anyone else who has subscribed to Roommate Finders, to take the time to post their experiences either good or bad. (I have yet to see anything positive). If she has been "doing
this since 1977" as advertised, She need to be held accountable for this blatent flaunting of the law.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2012 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Roommate-Finders/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/Roommate-Finders-Roommatefinderscom-Blatent-Lies-Company-is-a-complete-Sham-fraudulen-895457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Roommate Finders