Complaint Review: Sears Home Repair Service

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: Lana In Memphis — Memphis Tennessee
Sears Home Repair Service
several cities Memphis, Tennessee USA

Sears Home Repair Service Do NOT Call Sears for appliance repair. Memphis Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: SearsCares

Sears appliance repair is awful.  The technician came seven days ago, Monday,  to repair my Kenmore refrig that I had told them had a fan that stopped working.  Instead of bringing along a fan motor just in case, the technician had to order the fan motor.  He instructed me to call back when I received it, and he scheduled a tentative appointment for a week later.  The fan motor was delivered 2 days afterward, Wednesday, by UPS in a cardboard box with no packaging whatsoever.  The UPS person apparently simply tossed it across the fence onto my concrete driveway, and when I found it, the carton was split and the motor was busted.

I called Sears back and reported all this early the next day, Thursday.  They said they would order a new fan motor, put some packing in the box and this time they would mark it fragile.  I called late that same day, still Thursday,  to try to get a UPS tracking number so I would know when to expect delivery, but I was told that no one had entered any information about the second fan motor even having been ordered.  But the guy said presumably they had simply not gotten around to entering the information, and presumably the motor had in fact been ordered, even though it was not indicated in their records.

I called back in two more day, Saturday, and someone who spoke English poorly told me that there still was no record that the second motor had been ordered, but that she had no way to trouble-shoot the problem because Sears service department was not open on Saturday.  She told me to call back Monday morning.

I called back around 8 am the following Monday, and was told by someone again who spoke English poorly that the second motor was never ordered at all, although their records did show that someone told me it would be ordered.  Even the special instructions to put some packing in the box and mark it fragile had been noted on their records.  She said she couldn’t tell me why this had happened and she said she could not connect me with anyone who could find out.  She said that someone would call me back within 1 to 2 business days to tell me why the motor was never ordered.  In the meantime, she said she was notifying them to order the motor again, and said the instructions to add packing and mark it fragile would be understood.  Also she said she was notifying them to cancel the tentative appointment that the technician had made.

I called back around noon on that same day, to try to confirm that the appointment was cancelled, and to reschedule a new appointment.  I was then told that the appointment had been cancelled, but I was also informed that they had already rescheduled a new appointment for one week ahead, for the following Monday.  This appointment was scheduled without anyone letting me know.  I am now once again waiting on the motor to be delivered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 08:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Home-Repair-Service/Memphis-Tennessee-38103/Sears-Home-Repair-Service-Do-NOT-Call-Sears-for-appliance-repair-Memphis-Tennessee-1085073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Home Repair Service

SearsCares

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Lana in Memphis,

We apologize for the troubles you’ve been going through with your refrigerator repair. My name is David with our Sears Social Media Support team. We had reached out to you on a post you made on another site offering our assistance. If you need assistance, our offer still stands. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Lana in Memphis), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

David W.