Complaint Review: shoppingcardstore.com

• Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: Annette — Darien Georgia United States of America
shoppingcardstore.com
3560 Investment Lane Riviera, Florida 33404 Internet United States of America

shoppingcardstore.com American Sales Industries Given a 250.00 gift card for going to Ford and went shopping and was charged 84.00 in S&H when the merchandise was less than the shipping cost. They were only supposed to charge 5.00 Internet

*General Comment: So You Got a FREE $250 Gift Card for Doing Nothing and Now You're Unhappy???!!!

I went to Mike Kia Ford In Darien Ga  to claim one of four prizes that was sent through the mail.  I won a 250.00 gift card and was told to redeem it online at www.ShoppingCardStore.com.  When I put my pin# and other number in it took me to a site that had only a few items to choose from.  They tell you that you only pay 5.00 S&H and I ended up being charged 84.70 in just S&H and also what they  call EXT S&H.  The 5.00 was just the processing fee.  When I try to email them to cancel the order I can not get a response so I have to go and put a stop payment on my debit card.  Please don,t fall victim to this scam as I did.  The 84.70 in S&H was more than what I had even purchased.

Annette      Darien Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/shoppingcardstorecom/internet/shoppingcardstorecom-American-Sales-Industries-Given-a-25000-gift-card-for-going-to-Ford-998109. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on shoppingcardstore.com

#1 General Comment

So You Got a FREE $250 Gift Card for Doing Nothing and Now You're Unhappy???!!!

AUTHOR: Lynn - ()

We all get these promotional ads in the mail.   We all know it's nothing more than a mega-attempt by the car dealers to get a potential customer in the door.   99% of us have no intention of buying a car -- we just want the free $250 gift card.

So you walk in a business location, pretend to care about their business and the salespeople and walk out with a $250 to spend on their advertising promoter's site.   But you irrationally expect superior products for free with only a $5 shipping charge.   How is the gift card provider supposed to make any money ??    The car dealership probably lost hundreds of thousands of dollars on this promotion.   Expectations like yours are ridiculous and childish.    Give these gift card providers a break and express appreciation for getting anything.   I have one of their cards and have seen their products.   They are NICE products they offer and have a large variety.....I was really surprised at the level of generosity.   So what if all you get is one LEATHER jacket for free and are charged $90 in S&H????

Geez, greed has taken over this country.