Complaint Review: Sprint/Nextel

• Submitted: Fri, September 13, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, September 13, 2013

• Reported By: mykeg84 — Phoenix Arizona
Phoenix, Arizona USA

Sprint/Nextel Sprint Buyback Support Team Sent Sprint 50 phones for buyback program. Was denied compensation or the return of my phones Phoenix Arizona

A few months ago our company was shopping for new cellular service, since the Nextel network was being shut off.  We were not yet convinced that we wanted to convert everything over to the Sprint network, so we let our contracts expire & when the time came for the network to shut off; we decided to go with a different provider.

Since we are a small business, we were assigned a local dedicated Sprint/Nextel rep to help serve our phone needs.  We let him know that we decided to sign up with another carrier due to not knowing the reliability of Sprints Direct Connect Service.  He then made a suggestion that we keep one line of service on the Sprint network to test out the features.  We were reluctact to accept, but he then mentioned that if we sell back all of our old devices to Sprint, we could get a lot back in credits to pay for the phone line for at least some time.  We agreed & he emailed me all the info I needed.  I sent back 50 phones in total, 25 of which were in "like new" condition, while 5 of the phones had never even been activated.

Today, I recieved an email from the Sprint buyback program informing me that they could not honor the $384 in credits I was due.  Apparently the terms & conditions state that you may only return up to five devices per line of service in a 12 month period.  This meant that becuase we only had one line of active service left, we could only recieve credit for up to 5 phones.  However, we werent even offered that.  We were just flat out told that because we had more phones than permitted, we could not get any credit.  I then emailed them understanding, but asking how to go about having the phones returned to me.  The frustration really began when she said that they are unable to return any phones once they are recieved.  So basically, they just stole 50 phones from  our company.

The frustrating part is that are so called Dedicated Sprint Rep deceived us.  We put our trust in him that he was looking out for our best interests, but was really just looking for a way to keep making money.  Don't make the same mistake we made, do your own research & you will avoid the problems we are having

Michael G

Arizona Limousines Inc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2013 06:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SprintNextel/Phoenix-Arizona-85020/SprintNextel-Sprint-Buyback-Support-Team-Sent-Sprint-50-phones-for-buyback-program-Was-1084155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sprint/Nextel