intended

• Submitted: Tue, April 16, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, April 20, 2013

• Reported By: Kahuna858 — Cocoa Florida
Stephen Duncan
1650 w Sahuarc Dr apt 210 Phoenix,AZ 85029-5719 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Stephen Duncan Bill Hoffpauir "Mystery Shopper", Money Order sent by USPS priority mail,evaluate Western Union on 6 criteria Phoenix, Arizona

*Author of original report: E-mail received from scam company

After filling out an online survey on the internet, I received a USPS Priority mail package on 3/9/2013 wih a letter and a Money Order for $950.00 enclosed. I was instructed to fill in the "pay to" info on the M.O. with  MY info, then put the following info in the "from" area for the sender:

Joyce Glover
2040 e. Cathedral Rock Dr.
Phoenix, AZ85048

I was then insructed to keep $200 of the $950 for my fee and to use Western Union to send the balance (minus Western Union's fees) to;

Shellems Smith
14 Chemin Des Dalles
Port-Au-Prince,  Haiti

I was then instructed to rate the Western Union office I used on 6 criteria listed in the letter, and if I could get this done the same day i received the m.o., My fee would be $250 insead of $200. It also said that when I e-mailed my report on the 6 criteria, I would receive another M.O. for another ealuation.

Banks do not cash M.O. unless you have a large amount of $$$ in your bank acount, so I deposited my M.O. and waited for it to clear as my bank put a 10 day holdl on it.  As I suspected, the M.O. was fake and cost me $12 for a return item fee, but it could have cost me close to $750 if I followed the insructions without questioning them.

The letter was signed off as ;
Thanks and God Bless us,
Stephen Duncan - Evaluaion Team

P.S.  It also said that the $$$ was going to help the relief eforts  in Haiti.  Wish I had more info, but hopefully you can avoid geing scammed if they folow the same mehods.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Stephen-Duncan/Phoenix-Arizona-85029-5719/Stephen-Duncan-Bill-Hoffpauir-Mystery-Shopper-Money-Order-sent-by-USPS-priority-mailev-1043683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Stephen Duncan

E-mail received from scam company

AUTHOR: Kahuna858 - ()

We are Specialized Agency in (Global) Customer Service Research, We are starting a very big research project in USA & Canada.

We are accepting applications from qualified individuals from the world up to become Mystery-Shopper.

There is no charge up to become a Mystery-Shopper and you do not need previous experience. After you sign up,You will have access to training materials from us. Should you interested, your wages would be U.S $ 200 per assignment.No commitment is made on this job and you would have flexible hours. We will provide you the money for all of your evaluations.

Money order or check payment would be in a certain amount Which you would be required to cash at your bank, deduct your salary and have the rest used for the evaluation at the store that would be given to you for evaluations.

Provide the following information if you interested and we will get back shortly with an your assignment.

First / Last Name:

Address (No - Po box):

City, State, Zip:

Tel / Cell Phone:

Alternative Email:

Present Age:

Current Occupation:

Your response would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Warm Regards