Complaint Review: Suburban Chevrolet Cadillac of Ann Arbor

• Updated: Sat, August 02, 2014

• Reported By: Wendy Fu — Taylor Michigan
Suburban Chevrolet Cadillac of Ann Arbor
3515 Jackson Rd Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Suburban Chevrolet Cadillac of Ann Arbor Lemon car from Suburban Chevrolet Cadillac of Ann Arbor Ann Arbor Michigan

*Consumer Comment: You bought a 19 year old car.

*Author of original report: We just want our refund!

My husband and I bought a 1995 Oldsmobile car for 1188 dollars from this dealership on Jul.31, 2014. He couldn't afford a pricier car at this point, and we were going to use this car for at least half to one year before he can get the employee's discount from his company. I even paied 1000 for the car because he couldn't afford the car with his savings. I witness the process and the dealer add 299 on the original price of the car (750) for their restoration process. I didn't get to sign any of the paper, or even have a look at them. The car died and got towed the second morning and firestone peope told him the engine will not work again. They told us better to freeze the payment and get the claim going on. We called the dealership again, and my husband's parents called them too (my husband's father helped with towing and he drove my husband to work.) The manager, Greene, told me that if I freeze the payment in the bank their dealership will sue my husband. I called the bank and they said I could freeze the payment once it's processed. Is that legal if they sue my husband but not me? I made the payment, but I didn't get to see any of the paperwork, and they said they are not responsible for the product they sold us.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2014 04:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suburban-Chevrolet-Cadillac-of-Ann-Arbor-/Ann-Arbor-Michigan-48103/Suburban-Chevrolet-Cadillac-of-Ann-Arbor-Lemon-car-from-Suburban-Chevrolet-Cadillac-of-A-1166847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suburban Chevrolet Cadillac of Ann Arbor

You bought a 19 year old car.

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

The fact is that you bought a 19 year old car for under $1200.  For all intensive purposes that puts you in the "junker" category.  "Lemons" have to do with NEW cars.  When you bought the car you bought it "As-Is", this means that the moment you sign the paperwork you are responsible for any thing that goes wrong.

Is it bad that the car died 2 days after you bought it...of course.  But unfortunatly the burden lies on you for the repairs unless you did happen to buy a warranty(which for the cost you paid it does not look that way).  The ONLY way that the dealer may be responsible is if you can somehow prove that when they sold it to you they knew the engine was bad, that is worse than an almost 20 year old engine would be expected to be.  Which because of the age is pretty much next to impossible.

As for who is suing who.  Regardless of who paid what, if any of you stopped payment on the check.  The person they would go after is the one who signed the Bill of Sale.  Which in this case is your Husband.  Where again if you are sued you would have to defend your action of cancelling the check.  And sorry to tell you but a mechanic at a repair shop telling you to do this, isn't probably enough.

We just want our refund!

AUTHOR: Wendy Fu - ()

My husband told me we have to have someone duel with that car, it can't just sit in the Firestone's parking lot. This dealership doesn't want to take the car back after the car broke down on the second day, and no refund to us, of cause. It will totally not happen in the China, if you say it's a country with garbage products. This is a big dealership, and you guys just sell vehicles like this to your consumers?

I called the bank and get helped with them. I can't believe that no one can help with this situation, I'm not afraid if you guys want to sue me. Sorry my English is not good enough, an attorney might speak it out better then me.