Complaint Review: The Celebrity Dresses

• Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: Beth90 — massena New York
The Celebrity Dresses
688 Yangchenghu West Rd Xiangcheng, Suzhou, China

The Celebrity Dresses DO NOT BUY FROM CELEBRITY DRESSES .COM Xiangcheng Suzhou China

Do not buy from theCelebritydresses.com or Celebrity dresses.  My daughter purchased her prom dress from them.  When it arrived, it was nothing like the photo.  The gown was supposed to be a fitted style dress, instead it was all pleated at the hip and waist!  The hems were not flat, very bumpy.  The beading on the dress was supposed to be the same color as the dress, it arrived with cheap white plastic glitter all over the top.  The fabric was very cheap and again nothing like the picture. The dress was so ugly and mis-shaped, she could not wear it.

When we emailed them to say we wanted to return the dress , they stated they do not take refunds.  I had only wanted the original purchase price back, I was not expecting them to refund the shipping.  We paid with paypal and thought we were safe, not!  paypal did abide by the buyer protection when we filed a claim for return. All I have to say is, don't make the mistake we did.  Their site says they will refund he price of the dress, it is a lie. I put the dress on ebay to attempt to recoup some of my money.  I started the bid at 99 cents with free shipping.   guess how many bids i got?, Zero!  Now that's ugly!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Celebrity-Dresses/Xiangcheng-Suzhou-/The-Celebrity-Dresses-DO-NOT-BUY-FROM-CELEBRITY-DRESSES-COM-Xiangcheng-Suzhou-China-1053387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Celebrity Dresses