Complaint Review: Victory University

Victory University
255 N Highland Memphis, Tennessee United States of America

Victory University Crichton College Financial Aid Fraud Memphis, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: Victory University is a bogus school

In Aug 2002, I enrolled and registered for some course at Crichton College, now Victory University.  During the add/drop period, I decided that I wasn't ready to attend and that I'd wait a year before applyinag again, and I administratively dropped all courses.  A year later, August 2003, I enrolled and reigstered again for the fall semester (Aug-Dec 2003). I had perfect attendance and even received straight A's. The very next month (Spring semester of 2004) I medically withdrew due to child birth and decided not to return back to school.

Years later in 2008, I was harrassed by creditors that I was in default with Student Loans on 6 loans and that my tax refund would be offset.  Taxes did get offset as well as wage garnishments at my job, totalling $8000.00  I was SHOCKED and UPSET and went to the school demanding answers.  It was then discovered  that not only had they never cancelled or returned Student Loans/ Pell Grants for the drop period of Aug 2002, they never returned or cancelled for the medical withdrawal period early 2004, and then CONTINUED to take out more loans and grants in my behalf!!  They did so up until 2005, and then stopped.

In order to mask this fraudulent activity, they documented the classes that I dropped with the letter grade 'F' instead of deleting the course from my transcript.  This was done to pretend that I was still attending.

When I contacted the school just last week in person regarding this matter, the registrar put on a big scene, acting as if I was a 'security threat' in order to have me removed from the campus.   They even have it where I am no longer welcome to enter the school to discuss the noted discrepancies with anyone.I was UPSET and that issue has not even been addressed.

Currently, I am working with investigators at the OIG (Office of the Attorney General) at the U.S. Dept of Education in order to have these issues resolve.  The school is unwilling to cooperate in ANY resolution efforts and will not communicate with the loan providers that I am not to be held responsible for the loans.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE steer clear from this school, as they have been caught engaging in fraudulent Financial Aid/ Student Loan practices.  Go to a 'real' college instead.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2011 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Victory-University/Memphis-Tennessee-38111/Victory-University-Crichton-College-Financial-Aid-Fraud-Memphis-Tennessee-740851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Victory University

Victory University is a bogus school

AUTHOR: valley1 - (United States of America)

Hello I am so sorry to hear about how Victory University financial aid office has done you. If I were you I will go straight to the NEWS immediately... I am student at Victory right now and have been having problems with this school as well. Don't you know that the financial aid director had student filed as a independent  so she could get more money. She had the student filed as if she was a parent and everything. The student has no children, but on files she does just to get more money. Also the director has said "students are not her first priority". They don't answer phone calls and pretend their not there. Students do not get their refund checks on time at all. Summer school started in May 2011, tell me why the majority of students didn't get checks until the second or third week in June 2011. This school needs to be closed. The majority of the employees of Victory University have no degrees!!!!! no degree!!!!! They have quality students but not quality employess or staff. The students and professors are great but the rest like financial aid , business office, and registrar are a mess.... A concerned student