Complaint Review: Visionworks Optometry

• Updated: Sat, July 06, 2013

• Reported By: Kris — Santa Monica California
Visionworks Optometry
2605 Lincoln Blvd Santa Monica, California USA

Visionworks Optometry - Sarah Ito. Incompetent Eye Doctor Who Gouges You To Pay For Her Medical Mistakes. BEWARE! Santa Monica California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Thank you for your continued support.

Sarah Ito is a terrible "doctor" (she's not even an M.D. - can't really call her a doctor).  She wrote me an incorrect prescription for my glasses and then refused to take responsibility for it.  She tried to charge me more $$$ out of pocket to come in and recheck my prescription.  This is something that eye doctors NEVER do.  If you need to recheck something, all doctors will let you come in for 5 min to see what is going on.

Wearing my new glasses, I got totally dizzy and nauseous.  I know it takes some time to get used to new glasses, but in my 21 years of wearing glasses I had never felt physically sick just from wearing a new prescription.

Knowing that I couldn't let this quack of an eye doctor take care of one of the most vital parts of my body, I went to another eye doctor.  My new doctor found out that Dr. Ito's prescription was all wrong and it was indeed to strong, just like I had complained. [continued below]....

.....  I had to pay over $300 cash for a new dr checkup and to replace the lenses in my glasses.

Sarah Ito is dishonest, incompetent, and money hungry.

Sarah Ito purchases Yelp reviews - don't be fooled!

If you care at all about your eyes and about wasting money, stay away from her and from Visionworks Optometry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 01:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Visionworks-Optometry/Santa-Monica-California-90405/Visionworks-Optometry-Sarah-Ito-Incompetent-Eye-Doctor-Who-Gouges-You-To-Pay-For-Her-M-1064789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Visionworks Optometry

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Thank you for your continued support.

AUTHOR: Visionworks Optometry - ()

We appreciate this opportunity to clear our name.

The statements made here by "Kris" are false.  We politely offered a NO-CHARGE re-examination, even though a long time had passed since her prescription was originally written.  She never came in.  We endeavor to provide the best possible professional services and products, but this is only possible with the cooperation of the patient.

This complaint has been filed using an alias.  The same story can be found on our Yelp page from months ago, under the name Jess.  Our request to help her is well documented there.  Other reviews can be read previous and subsequent to hers that state our willingness to go the extra mile for our patients.  You will find them to be quite authentic.

The glasses referenced here were NOT purchased from our practice.  We were never given the opportunity to verify that they were made correctly.  "Kris" has been wearing her contact lenses with no complaints, and they are from the same examination results as the glasses. We are happy to hear that she is fine with her new glasses now, and if indeed her vision has improved since we last saw her, we congratulate her.  We wish that she would have come in so that we could resolve whatever issue she was having with her glasses without having to spend more money.  Vision changes over time, so a prescription will not stay the same indefinitely.  However, it is customary to allow for one free remake on glasses within a month should the prescribing doctor order one.

Our mission is to bring to our patients a lifetime of premiere vision care, exceptional service and quality eyewear.  We wholeheartedly appreciate the support and loyalty of our patients.  We pledge to keep at the leading edge of our industry, and to bring to our community the latest innovations in vision care and eyewear.  Thank you for your attention.