Complaint Review: web.com

• Reported By: Skeetie — Fort Wayne Indiana United States of America
web.com

web.com Charged my credit card but says I am not in there system Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Web.com

*Consumer Comment: Credit Card?

I was charged by www.web.com on my credit card but when I contact them they said I am not in there systems. Then said my account is with homestead.com. So I call them and they said that they have no record of me. My credit card statement said www.web.com phone number 800-545-9076. They said they can't cancel my credit card so I will still be charged next month since there is no record of me. So pretty much my credit card magically got charged by them then disappeared.... Yeah Right! I did't even accept any service for web hosting because all were too expensive... I guess looking pays then.  What ever you do DO NOT use www.web.com because they will charge you but you won't be in their systems... So now I have to cancel my card.... Great....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/webcom/internet/webcom-Charged-my-credit-card-but-says-I-am-not-in-there-system-Internet-963712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on web.com

Response from Web.com

AUTHOR: Web.com Executive Response Team - (United States of America)

Dear Skeetie:

At Web.com, we take the concerns that you have raised in your post very seriously. As such, we would like to follow up with you regarding the details of your experience with us. To accomplish that, we ask that you send your website domain name, your contact information, and the details of this post to our support team via the following link: http://support.web.com/.

Thank you for your help, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Executive Support Team
Web.com

Credit Card?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

So this company just out of the blue put 16 numbers together to put a charge through on and it just happens to be your card.    Wouldn't it be more logical that you had someone steal your card number and was trying to use it?  If that is the case what good is them cancelling this charge going to do for you?  That does nothing in keeping that same person from using your credit card again.  So while inconvenient the best thing you can do..for your protection... is to call your bank and report your card number stolen.

But wait..it gets better in your case.

You stated...
- So you weren't some random person, you apparently went to their site to look at services.   So did they just make a lucky guess at your credit card number or did you somehow enter it in and just forget to mention it when you wrote this report?