Complaint Review: Westwood College

• Updated: Sat, April 28, 2012

• Reported By: Current Student — Waldorf Maryland United States of America
Westwood College
4240 N. Fairfax Drive, Arlington, Virginia United States of America

Westwood College I am a current Westwood Student feeling like I'm receiveing a substandard education w/non transferable credits. I need help too. Im getting more in debt Arlington, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Congratulations! But Be Cautious

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Westwood College

I am a current student at Westwood.  They are doing no damage control at all about the lawsiut they just had and it is a RED FLAG. to me.  What can I do about it.  Someone help me please.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2012 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westwood-College/Arlington-Virginia-/Westwood-College-I-am-a-current-Westwood-Student-feeling-like-Im-receiveing-a-substandar-873819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westwood College

Congratulations! But Be Cautious

AUTHOR: Leroy - (U.S.A.)

I have to congratulate you on getting a response out of Westwood. I have tried for three years now but have only been given the run around. Take head on your current course of action. Westwood College is out to only get your money and not provide you with an education. They are more concerned about their bottom line. You do not state how far along you are in your educational path with Westwood. If you are in your first year, I would dis-enroll and go to a real college. Yes, you will be stuck with repayment but it will be cheaper for you in the long run. The invite to speak with your campus president or send an email will only set you up with a counselor who is actually a salesman who will tell you the benefits of staying enrolled. What they won't tell you is that the education you are getting is over priced and undervalued and not normally recognized except as a vocational or technical training school. Degrees from Westwood are considered worthless and the reputation of this college is tainted.

Have you read the 105 other posts on this website? Westwood ranks right up there in the top 5 of educational institution rip-offs.  BBB has revoked their standings.

Visit College review sites such as onlinedegreereviews.org, glassdoor.com, reviews.collegetimes.us/california/westwood-college-los-angeles/, look them up on Wikipedia, Google Al Lewis or visit westwoodisawful.com

Do your research before you make a decision. I wish I had a chance to get out when I did. But I was under the spell of a snake oil salesman at Westwood...

Keep us posted on what the representatives told you. Just curious...

Response from Westwood College

AUTHOR: Westwood College - (USA)

Hello,

We would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you and address your concerns. You can contact your campus president directly or feel free to email us at information@westwood.edu and let us know how you'd like to be contacted (via phone, email).

Thank you.