Complaint Review: wilhelmina brown model management

• Submitted: Thu, February 18, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, March 04, 2010

• Reported By: tinkerbell — miami beach Florida United States of America
wilhelmina brown model management
100 congress ave suite 2000 Internet United States of America

wilhelmina brown model management justin brown texas acting and modeling academy, jb entertainment i went to a runway show in november at the speakeasy in austin texas for a model search for wilhelmina.com (models) and i havent heard anything from justin brown and today i get this email from justin Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Model Representation

Wilhelmina Agreement?
From: Offline Justin Brown (jbrown@wilhelminabrown.com)
Medium riskYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Wed 2/17/10 2:41 PM
To: jbrown@wilhelminabrown.com
Attachments: 2 attachments | Download all attachments (99.7 KB)
image001.jpg (6.0 KB), Wilhelmin...pdf (93.7 KB)

Great news, we are now officially Wilhelmina and looking to grow our already amazing model roster and would love for you to be a part of Wilhelmina Brown Management.  I have attached an agency agreement that I would love for you to look over before we meet.

We will be having a launch party on March 25, 2010 and would love for you to participate in our runway show.  Please get back to me asap so that we can move forward.

Congratulations,

Justin Brown

100 Congress Ave Suite 2000

Austin, TX  78702

512-370-4959

www.wilhelmina.com

Justin Brown

Wilhelmina Brown logo (1)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2010 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/wilhelmina-brown-model-management/internet/wilhelmina-brown-model-management-justin-brown-texas-acting-and-modeling-academy-jb-enter-571436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on wilhelmina brown model management

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Model Representation

AUTHOR: Wilhelmina - (United States of America)

I am not sure why this is on your website since it does not look like a complaint but I will respond anyway.

We held a fashion show competition in Austin, TX in order to find one amazing model to give a free trip to New York to and tour the Wilhelmina Offices, also where they filmed VH1's reality show, The Agency.  One winner was awarded and she is traveling to New York March 16th through 19th.  We paid for her flight and two nights hotel stay in the famous New York Hilton.  She will be meeting with the board at Wilhelmina on the 16th and we will find out if they would like to represent her.  I will repost when I get an update.

Since the Fashion show Wilhelmina has partnered with me to open up Wilhelmina Brown Management here in Central Texas.  Our goal is to represent the best models that Central Texas has to offer for fashion, beauty and commercial.  We will be launching on March 25, 2010 with a spectacular fashion show and party at the Ashton poolside.
Since the person posting the original message did not leave a name I can not speak to exactly the situation but it looks like she attended our fashion show but did not win.  Some time has passed and now that we are opening in Austin I have contacted her about representing her in our local market as well as possibly placing her in a bigger market.

I am not sure why this would be a "Ripoff" but I can assure you that we are licensed and bonded.  We make commission on what the model books.  We pride ourselves on our expertise and connections in the modeling industry and will work hard to stay one of the best modeling agencies in the world.

We are always looking for great new models and I encourage those who want to work with a legitimate and honest agency to submit themselves through our website.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC