Complaint Review: Work Out World / aka Blast! Fitness

• Updated: Sat, May 31, 2014

• Reported By: Defrauded WOW customer — Somerville Massachusetts
Work Out World / aka Blast! Fitness
1815 Massachusetts Ave Cambridge, MA 02140, Massachusetts USA

Work Out World / aka Blast! Fitness Bally's Fraudulent Gym Closings Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: RE: Membership

Workout World (WOW) surprised me by giving me one week's notice that they were closing on 5/17/14. I had a lifetime "platinum" membership when they took over the old Bally's in Porter Sq. They provided a list of 26 locations and promised that we had access to all of those gyms, including two in Medford. (two towns away). When I went to the gym at 200 Boston Ave in Medford, the manager Jamal told me that we no longer had the right to go to this gym since it was not a Blast! site but rather a "WOW" site. He said that I only had the right to go to half of the locations, all except on of which are in different towns far away or in different states such as Connecticut and RI. He also said that they could decide to forbid access to any any gym at any time or deny access at any time. Giant fraud. I wold love to find other former WOW customers so we could file a class action lawsuit but now that the Porter Sq. gym is closed, how will we find each other?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2014 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Work-Out-World-aka-Blast-Fitness/Cambridge-MA-02140-Massachusetts-02140/Work-Out-World-aka-Blast-Fitness-Ballys-Fraudulent-Gym-Closings-Cambridge-Massachuse-1151142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Work Out World / aka Blast! Fitness

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

RE: Membership

AUTHOR: Blast Fitness - ()

We would like to speak with you directly regarding your membership. We would need to look further into your membership to see what type of membership plan you are currently on in order to assist you. Please email me directly at Lindsey@blastfitness.com so we may look further into this for you. Thank you