Complaint Review: xlibris self publisher

• Submitted: Tue, May 11, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 11, 2010

• Reported By: mammaminer — Kansas United States of America
xlibris self publisher
International Plaza ii, Suite 410 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

xlibris self publisher no service provided without a fight,complete sham from start to finish very pricey rip off Philadelphia , Pennsylvania

I had researched what I thought to be a pretty good gamble on getting my father's book published.  The sales and marketing people at xlibris absolutely are fantastic and they completley work out great deals to get you hooked.  I spent over 1700.00 and received nothing but a nightmare.  I paid for "expedited service" got extreme late service and had to fight tooth and nail for every tiny thing that was promised.   the simplest things that was included in the less expespensive packages took me literally on the phone four times a day with someone to just get them to do anything.  The process took over a year and i had to wait for the "marketing" materials and had to call them serveral times.  After the book was complete and published , we were supposed to get 10 paperback copies and 5 hardback copies.  I had to call on numerous occasions to get them to send the paperbacks.  I finally got them 2 and a half months after the first book ws bought by family members.   I have called at least 5 times this month and emailed twice asking about where are the hardbacks.  Finally today. i got told that according to their records i purchased the 899.00 package and i don't get any. I have a credit card stament showing where  over 1700.00 was paid to them.  Do they think that they should get a tip just for barely getting the job done?  I am soooo upset that I got that ripped off and my father, the author, is waiting to be stable enough to undergo a double bypass heart surgery.  I have been "live" on the book since March of 2010 and still not one single cent has been acknowledged to my accout from barnes and noble or amazon or the two businesses that set up invoiced accouts with them and those two businesses cannot get their order for our book filled.  caution to all. xlibris sounds good and talks a good sales pitch, but they are not.  If they were even partially as good as they advertise they are i would have been happy but the are not even close to what they claim they are.  My father that has worked himself literally to death just spent 1700.00 for a job that I could have done in artclass and junior high computer class then took to staples and had done.  I don't think that xlibris even has filed for my copyright that i paid extra money for them to take care of.    Ridiculous i do not see how they get away with it and if i knew how or has a lawyer or money for one i would fight them to the end of time not just for the money and time and anguish on my ailing father but because some one should be able to catch them and make it known to the world.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2010 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/xlibris-self-publisher/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19113/xlibris-self-publisher-no-service-provided-without-a-fightcomplete-sham-from-start-to-fi-602158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on xlibris self publisher