Complaint Review: YORK ENTERTAINMENT

• Updated: Fri, February 07, 2014

• Reported By: WILLIAMX — COLUMBUS Ohio
YORK ENTERTAINMENT
4565 Sherman Oaks Ave CA 91403 SHERMAN OAKS, California USA

YORK ENTERTAINMENT rip off fraud scam black film tanya york thief FTC SHERMAN OAKS California

I have spent years posting information on this collection of scam artists. I guess i should add my story. But before that, let me say that Tanya York's mentor Joe Guinan and i had a really interesting conversation about her. All i can say is, if Joe’s opinion of Tanya is that negative, there's an issue here.  So let's get one thing straight: York NEVER pays for anything. They twist words, they twist contracts, they kiss your behind while lying in your face. Since 2008, Tanya has avoided me at all costs. Last year, I finally got the globe trotting jet steer Tanya to respond to one of my 100 emails about my money. She asked what I wanted. Well, here it is for all to see.  WHAT I want Ms. York, are the quarterly reports required by our contracts with York. Since 2008, I have received exactly TWO reports for CODE BLACK. No information for DEMONS RISING HAS been provided. If that is not illegal, it is certainly unethical.  In addition, our contract with York on CODE BLACK is nearly up if not over. The rights to the film are to be returned to Cinema Lexzikon the minute the contract term expires. I have a film broker who has outlets that will actually provide me income, as opposed to costing me money as seems to be the case with you. He is also well known in the indie film world, and quite adept and getting film rights returned to the copyright holder. I hope we can settle this issue quickly and amicably without having to go there.  Also tell your trusty assistant Kerri that his continued emails about “missing deliverables” are ludicrous. We followed his checklist and provided all that was required. If he is missing anything, that is a problem on your end. It doesn't seem to be affecting York's ability to sell the film in the UK, south Africa, Germany and now, Russia—another issue I will deal with momentarily.  In addition, when I first started my "relationship" with York back in 2008, Marty Poole assured me your company would keep me in the loop about release dates and territories my films are being sold in. But Marty is now gone, so I guess that about says it all. The ball was dropped, and never picked up. The only time I hear from York is when you are hawking your “book” or sending us encouraging letters about how hard you are “Working” to sell our film at Cannes, for which we are billed $3000 each year for this “selling”. ON ONE OCCASION, YOU SIMULTANEOUSLY BILLED ME YOUR $3000 "REPRESENTATION FEE" BUT POSTED ON  FACEBOOK THAT YOU WERE NOWHERE NEAR CANNES, BUT ON VACATION elsewhere IN THE WORLD. REALLY? IF YOU'RE GOING TO SCAM PEOPLE. KEEP YOUR GAME TIGHT baby!   H***, who cares. You got my films, why do I deserve common courtesy and business etiquette? Again, the only way I know what is going on is when I Google the film title and discover the various markets and outlets my films are showing up at. I even found several pirate sites which are offering the film for free download. Bottom line is, after almost seven years, I have zero to show for my efforts. By the way, Mister Joe Guinan and I had an interesting conversation a while ago about you and your operation. I found it enlightening to say the least, and really I shouldn't be surprised by the run around I am getting.  No, I did not expect York to make millions of dollars off my films, but seriously, it is quite hard for me to believe we have earned NOTHING during that time period. You can come up with all kinds of formulas and ways of explaining it, but it just don't add up.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. There is no need to review anything, because I already know what your answer will be.   BUT If it makes you feel better, review anything you want, come up with any explanation you want.   It should be quite entertaining and informative.   With that said, if your band of conscientious employees actually has those stack of quarterly reports lying around collecting dust, you are encouraged mail them, certified mail, to ME:    That's all I need for now.   I sincerely hope you and your den of thieves rot in jail. To that end, I have filed a complaint with the Federal trade Commission. Good luck to you. You will need it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YORK-ENTERTAINMENT/SHERMAN-OAKS-California-91403/YORK-ENTERTAINMENT-rip-off-fraud-scam-black-film-tanya-york-thief-FTC-SHERMAN-OAKS-Calif-1121810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YORK ENTERTAINMENT