Complaint Review: yp.com

• Submitted: Fri, January 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, May 08, 2012

• Reported By: kevinpager — Longmont Colorado United States of America
yp.com

yp.com ATT high pressure salesman urged me to advertise, tried cancelling three times, now they say they won't cancell without a written letter from me. stay away from these people. they are a rippoff scam Internet

*Consumer Comment: Not ATT. Some other bottom feeding lowlife.

Like I said, a high pressure salesman talked me into advertising with them. I have tried to cancel three times over the last two years. They keep charging me $30.00 a month. Today I tried to cancel again and was told I can't cancel unless I put it in writing. This is the first time they have said this. I have disputed the charge on my credit card. I can only get a credit for the last four months so I am out about $500.00.

These people need to be stopped. They are a ripp-off and a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2012 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ypcom/internet/ypcom-ATT-high-pressure-salesman-urged-me-to-advertise-tried-cancelling-three-times-no-829604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on yp.com

Not ATT. Some other bottom feeding lowlife.

AUTHOR: Grendl - (United States of America)

As much as I hate ATT, being a former customer, this is a third party telemarketer scam.  These people have been making the rounds calling businesses, and I suspect that they have been going through Secretary of State business filings to get the contact information. One such operation is apparently based in the Dallas Metroplex, but then you never know due to Caller ID spoofing. Another telemarketer scammer has been notorious for Caller ID spoofing, Roy M. Cox, whom the FTC is very familiar with. The so-called "Rachel from Cardmember Services".

Do not give any credit card to these people. If they are provide any address to remit payment, or mail anything threatening, forward to the FTC or your state attorney general.

ATT does not own yellow pages.