Complaint Review: Luxor Linens

• Submitted: Sun, January 15, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 04, 2016

• Reported By: DinosaurStew — Vancouver British Columbia United States of America
Luxor Linens
1418 E Linden Ave Suite A Linden, New Jersey United States of America

Luxor Linens $250 spent on poor quality sheets, and no real attempts to fix the problem Linden, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Had a similar situation with different resolution

*General Comment: What do you mean, The Law...

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Luxor Linens

So I went and spent a fair bit of money on some egyptian cotton sheets, because I thought "Hey, these will last a few years. What's a couple hundred dollars for nice soft sheets and a good night's sleep for a while?". So I went and paid, in total, around $250 for them.

They seemed alright, because to be honest, I'd never touched egyptian cotton before. But I'd done research beforehand, so I know they're not supposed to pill. Like, ever. But wouldn't you know it; a month later, they're pilling badly. They're uncomfortable to sleep on because the sheets are rough from all the pilling.

So I emailed them and told them I'm not satisfied with the sheets. I asked for replacements or a refund. Instead, I'm offered 15% off my previous purchase, or I can spend another $90 for replacement sheets. Right. No. I don't have tons of money laying around. I bought the d**n sheets so I wouldn't have to replace them anytime soon. So a couple emails later, I have a decent deal. If I pay $80, they will give me a "courtesy upgrade" to a much higher quality set of sheets. What the heck, it's a better deal than what they were giving me before. So I accept it.

But, I don't get any response. They've ignored me. They claim they're very serious about customer satisfaction, but they go and ignore me? Geeze. Screw you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2012 11:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r//bed-bath/luxor-linens/luxor-linens-250-po-E520A.htm-823300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luxor Linens

Had a similar situation with different resolution

AUTHOR: d.dale3481 - (USA)

I also had the same issue with this company but I was able to have the sheet replaced I only incured shipping costs back which I though was fair. The new sheet are exactly what I wanted and exactly as per the company website specs

"Carefully structured lines become an ode to elegance with our Leonardo collection. The distinctive pinstripes enhance the purity of line and design-to delight your senses.

Made from the finest 100% ELS (Extra Long Staple) Mercerized Egyptian cotton and woven to an immaculate 1200 thread count the result is a feel that's cool, crisp, and heavenly soft"

#2 General Comment

What do you mean, The Law...

AUTHOR: MissKC - (United States of America)

Dear Luxor Linens,

That certainly is not true: The law does not prevent you from accepting used or washed sheets, it only prevents you from reselling those sheets. People return defective items all the time, and your response to this complaint is just bad business.

You should not only accept the sheets, but give this person a refund. The fact that you responded so negatively - please, a discount on another set of sheets is just ridiculous - prevented me from ordering from you, and I will make sure I tell my friends, in casual conversation, of course, that they should not order from you. Not even your Living Social deal tempts me from ordering from your company.

I deal only with companies that stand behind their product, not just at a discount, but 100%.

Response from Luxor Linens

AUTHOR: Luxor Linens - (United States of America)

Hello,

I apologize for your experience.  Pilling is not a common occurrence with our sheets but when it does occur it is generally due to improper care.  Nevertheless since the law doesn't allow us to accept used or washed products the best fix we can offer in these situations is to sell a new set of sheets at a greatly reduced price, to the point even where we lose money trying to keep you satisfied.

As far as no one being in touch with you there is no excuse for that and I would be happy to resolve this issue for you.  If you would be so kind to reach out to us, I've alerted the customer service department to be aware of your situation.

Sincerely,