Complaint Review: ADT security service Aurora CO

• Updated: Fri, April 12, 2013

• Reported By: brigitte — austin Texas
ADT security service Aurora CO
14200 E. Exposition Ave Aurora, Colorado United States of America

ADT security service Aurora CO turned me in to collection agency 3 weeks after cancelling contract Aurora, Colorado

I requested cancellation of my service at the end of January. In February I received an acknowledgment letter, dated February 13, that my service will be disconnected in the next 30 days following my request , and that I will be billed 75% of the remaining term of my contract.

I expected to receive a bill in the mail for the amount due, however what I received was a letter from the collection agency, The Lotus Agency, requesting payment of $1116.63 upon receipt of the letter, or my account would be reported to the credit bureau, and my credit rating would be ruined.

This letter was followed by a phone call the next couple of days. When I called the collection agency the next day, I was treated more like a criminal and bullied into paying the fine for cancelling the contract  right then, or they would report me to the credit bureau.  When I explain that I was not delinquent and hadn't received my final bill as I expected it, I was told that they needed proofs my bills has been paid on time and there must be a reason why I was turned in to the collection agency.

I never disputed that I owed them for breaking my contract, but as a customer in good standing and a potential futur customer I expected to be treated better not like a criminal for not paying a bill a never received.

I certainly will not recommend this company to anybody

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2013 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-security-service-Aurora-CO/Aurora-Colorado-80012/ADT-security-service-Aurora-CO-turned-me-in-to-collection-agency-3-weeks-after-cancelling-1042738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT security service Aurora CO