Complaint Review: ASAP Motors And Parts Systems

• Submitted: Fri, February 17, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 15, 2006

• Reported By:Enterprise Alabama
ASAP Motors And Parts Systems
asapmotors.com Houston, Texas U.S.A.

ASAP Motors And Parts Systems ASAP Motors ripoff. Sold rotory engine that was junk and they knew it. Houston Texas

*Author of original report: The motor was junk

*UPDATE Employee: Warranty

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Oh that ones great -

I ordered a rotory engine from ASAP Motors. When it arrived and was unpacked, several of the tubes for water hose connections and vacuum lines were packed with mud and then taped over. It looked as if the motor had been taken out and rolled in mud before it was packed for shipping.

When I called ASAP to bring this to their attention, I was told to clean it up as best I could and put in the car and see if it worked. Against my better judgment I installed the motor after digging out the mud from the openings. When I eventually got the engine running two shops and 6 weeks later it ran like crap. The third shop I took it to said there was nothing wrong with my installation and there must be something wrong with the motor internally.

When I called ASAP back to see if they would replace the motor, it was determined that the 90 day warranty expired seven days earlier. After a lengthy conversation with the general manager, Dina Armstrong, trying to explain the situation to her about why it took so long to determine the motor was bad, she would not bend on the 90 day warranty. I am now stuck with a $850 paper weight that was a piece of junk when they sent it to me.

Anybody that would tape over openings of a motor that were obviously caked with mud and then sell it is a crook. The first time I called to complain they should have offered a motor to replace it with. They conveniently did not keep a record of the call so had no way of proving or disproving I had called about the matter. Also, the fact that they would not bend on the 90 day warranty that expired just a few days earlier is evidence they are just out to get your money and not give you anything for it.

Daniel
Enterprise, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2006 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASAP-Motors-And-Parts-Systems/Houston-Texas/ASAP-Motors-And-Parts-Systems-ASAP-Motors-ripoff-Sold-rotory-engine-that-was-junk-and-the-176730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASAP Motors And Parts Systems

The motor was junk

AUTHOR: Daniel - (U.S.A.)

Okay, I get the point. The motor you sent me was tested CLEAN, and in WORKING order. If indeed I HAD called at the time it was delivered to complain the motor was full of mud, you would have offered to replace it. Right? (Which you didn't.) I can't prove I made the call... You can't prove I didn't! I took too long to determine the motor was faulty and not the installation itself. My bad! I'm still stuck with a $850 paper weight and no sympathy from you. To big business, $850 is a drop in the bucket. To me, $850 is a lot of hard earned money. I still believe this web site is doing a service by bringing your less-than-honest business practices to the light of the consumer. Ultimately the consumer will make the decision to use you or not. I hope I can make a difference. If you would like to see a positive rebuttal, do something positive for me to rectify the fact you sent me a piece of junk to beginn with. Otherwise, if I never here from you again, I couldn't be more pleased.

Maybe the guys went by Tony!

Warranty

AUTHOR: Dina - (U.S.A.)

Sir as we discussed the time frame for the warranty had well exceeded, and I have no record of you contacting us about mud in the motor before our intial conversation in which you were already out of warranty. I am sorry if you are having an issue but am unable to warranty parts outside of the timeframes. Also we have never had anyone who has worked here named Anthony.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Oh that ones great -

AUTHOR: Anthony - (U.S.A.)

They TAPE all conversations. In fact they have specific computer programs on the computers so that they can tape and label all of them. You really got screwed good on that one with a rotary engine. Even if it had been 30 days they would have found someway to void your warranty. You should have called 10 times a day when you saw the mud in the first place and not stopped calling 10 times or more a day until they agreed to pick it up. You should've recorded them saying they'd pick it up too. Ridiculous way of doing business. MUD in the,.. these guys need to be put out of business.