Complaint Review: ASC/Option One/American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, September 28, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By:Micanopy Florida
ASC/Option One/American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.
4600 Regent Blvd. Suite 200 Irvine,, Texas U.S.A.

ASC/ Option One/ American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. ASKED FOR PAY OFF FOR REVERSE MORTGAGE , REFUSED TO GIVE PAYOFF THEY FILED FORECLOSURE, I WAS NOT BEHIND ON PAYMENTS. Irvine, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Update

*Author of original report: a/k/a AMERICAN HOME MORTGAGE SERVICING INC.

We are both over 65. Decided to do a Reverse mtg. due to a death in family and reduced income. Next pmt. due Nov. 07. Called asked for payoff. They refused to give. Had Banker call, they gave run around and refused to give, we were ready to close, no payoff. February 12 they filed foreclosure February 22 they gave payoff by fax with all the additional fees added in. This left me over $10,000 over. They refused to do a short sale, they wanted my property. ASC tried it the year before and was turned down, then Option took over and now they are trying it again only they can't find the original Note, so they are asking the court to re issue the note in their name. I have asked to the court not to. I will pay off the original note not the outlandish fees they have added on with the foreclosure.

They also claim to have paid my taxes to the tune of $689.04. Big clue, my husband is totally wheel chair bound and we do not have any taxes. They are commiting fraud! I got them on that. They also added Harrard Insurance, which I know I can take off. All these companies belong to the same ones just under different corps. They think they are fooling the public. We need a good lawyer that will file a class action suit for all of us and put them out of business. My husband just had open heart surgery and is a diabetic who had his fistula fail and is going to have his left arm amputated. He has been in the hospital over a month now. I am not going to loose my home! I will pay off the original principal balance with a reverse mortgage and I will need the help of an attorney, so who is willing to help me?

Patricia J
Micanopy, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2008 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASCOption-OneAmerican-Home-Mortgage-Servicing-Inc/Irvine-Texas-75063/ASC-Option-One-American-Home-Mortgage-Servicing-Inc-ASKED-FOR-PAY-OFF-FOR-REVERSE-MORT-376728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASC/Option One/American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.

Update

AUTHOR: Reverse scams - (United States of America)

I am 30 yrs old and am being sued for a reverse mortgage that is not in my name. But because I and joint owner they say I'm responsible. I am having a hard time finding a attorney. Did you ever find a lawyer to help you.

a/k/a AMERICAN HOME MORTGAGE SERVICING INC.

AUTHOR: Trish - (U.S.A.)

I am now alone, as my husband passed away November 17, 2008 after a long battle of over 80 days in Shands Hospital. OPTION ONE was turned down for "no note" so they turned it over to WELLS FARGO as Trustee, they attempted to use only the mortgage to forclose. I immediately answered the foreclosure when I received it as I did the other attempts. I really don't know who holds the mortgage note. Who I would be paying off, as it keeps switcing hands. Now I receive a letter from American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc. stating that they now own the paper and that they are the one's to be paid off. In actuality they are one and the same as Option One from my understanding. Another Rip Off company. Why doesn't some attorney pick this up and represent all of us and do a class action suit and allow us to just pay off what we owe. One better yet, after reading my Mortgage, I found that they never offered me a three day right to cancell. That means that they would have to give me back all the money I paid them, every payment, including broker commission, down payment, all interest, EVERYTHING...... How about that one! Who would like to help with that one? No noe and no Cancellation notice? I am a 67 year old Disabled Widow.