Complaint Review: ASUS

• Updated: Sat, December 14, 2013

• Reported By: karalou — Bridgewater Virginia
ASUS
Internet USA

ASUS Bogus Warranty on broken hinge after only 2 weeks of ownership asus.com Internet

I purchased an ASUS laptop for more than $500.00 in late August 2013. After only 2 weeks, something in the hinge snapped and the computer was difficult to close. Because I was in the middle of a big paper, for school, I did not bring it in but hoped I could work around it. I could not afford being one day without my computer at that point.

Unfortunately, in spite of great care, the problem only got worse until I finally brought it into a local computer tech person, who works directly with ASUS support. He immedicately sent it to ASUS for repairs. He assured me, "ASUS is typically very good with backing their warranties. It is obvious, looking at this computer, that the break is a result of faulty workmanship."

Sadly, ASUS is not backing its warranty. They are requesting $200.00 from me to cover repairs and shipping. I will not pay it. I already gave ASUS more than $500.00 for this computer less than 3 months ago. I will not give them another dime nor will I recommend their computers to a soul. Additionally, the local computer tech person, who used to sell ASUS, will no longer do so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2013 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ASUS/internet/ASUS-Bogus-Warranty-on-broken-hinge-after-only-2-weeks-of-ownership-asuscom-Internet-1107046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ASUS