Complaint Review: ATS NW, Inc

• Submitted: Thu, April 30, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By:kent Washington
6126 196th St SW, # A Lynnwood, Washington U.S.A.

ATS NW, Inc Big Scam - For Profit Telemarketers Raising Money for Charity! Needs to Be ShutDown! Lynnwood Washington

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: ex employee agrees

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: First hand experience - Not good!

*General Comment: You Decide

*Author of original report: ATS Rip Off the Public Everyday!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Not really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATS NW, Inc owned by Rob Turner should be shut down. They are the biggest Bait and Switch in Washington State. Also this company Knowling violates the National Do Not Call List Hundreds of times a day. In addition they use high pressure sales tactics to take advatage of old people to get donations. The companies they represent are just as stupid for not cancelling they contracts.

In addition they are under investigation by the Attorney General of Washington State. There phone lists are not scrubbed. There computers and equipment are old like there database system. The training is poor for the telemarkerters. They encourge the bait and switch on every call. They violate the consumer fair trade act and many other laws. They need to be shut down they are a menice to society. The owner runs the place like a hih pressure boiler room no wonder they fire so many people.

In addition they have violated the Washington State Labor Law. When they fire people they will not send the former employees last checks. Also they do double books. Also adding extra costs on credit cards when taking information to line the pockets of the owner Rob Turner. Also kick backs to and from the chartible organzations they are calling for. Terrible company and needs to be shut down and the owner and his General Manager need to be in Jail!

kent, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2009 01:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATS-NW-Inc/Lynnwood-Washington-98036/ATS-NW-Inc-Big-Scam-For-Profit-Telemarketers-Raising-Money-for-Charity-Needs-to-Be-Shu-447642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATS NW, Inc

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

ex employee agrees

AUTHOR: matilda - ()

i have held many "telemarketing" jobs and this one was by far the worst.  the interview was great, although, I will say i noticed the computers were older than i....maybe that's because I was going to work raising money for charities?  so i thought. I was never trained, just given a script and repeatedly screamed at for not rebutting many many times, even if someone said they were busy.  when i asked questions like how much of this is going to the charity, i couldn't even get an answer.  It was a sweat shop situation, where there are like 5 employees that have been there forever and are treated like gold, the rest are literally on borrowed time. If you did not push people hard enough when they said no, the manager would bring a can of "weak sauce" which was a jar of pennies, jingle it in front of everyone and you had to keep it on your space until someone else got it....again, no training at all, just here, do this, and if you don't do it right, it's thier amusement.

when i found out it was a scam (i was already looking for something else) i didn't even care to push people into this  so i was eventually yelled at so much one night (the only night i did not get one sale) i was pushed to tears....kept pushing to the end of my shift, and never went back.

i don't blame anyone for needing a job, but this one was not for me... i've worked many of these jobs as i said but the rate of "i'm on the do not call list"calls we got on the auto dialer was ridiculous....i was at one point raising money for a "charity event" that was supposed to be at a major venue, when i called the venue it wasn't even scheduled.  the measly 10 bucks an hour just wasn't worth the disrespect.

oh and the topper on the cake?  my friend wanted to help (when i was new and thought i was helping) so she had me call and I signed her up for a thirty something dollar dontation for a missing children campaign....then her brother took ill and she couldn't afford it, naturally all extra money went to getting her back east to his final days.   they are now sending her letters saying "THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT".  I kid you not.  So we are waiting to see if it goes further, i will stand behind her if i need to. ridiculous place, and i don't doubt very very little is going to charity.

i sincerely apologize to all people i called, for my part, i would not blame you for hanging up on me!!!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

First hand experience - Not good!

AUTHOR: Maria - (United States of America)

I worked for this company for a very short time, maybe a few weeks, a few years back and wow what I saw in those 2 weeks blew me away! I, like most employees there, sat in front of old computers that did automatic calling for us and many people we called were upset because they were on the "do not call list", but there number stayed in our database to call them. This is just the beginning...

My boss, (not the owner of the company but a manager, my boss there) was very inappropriate, towards me (a female) and toward the customers, I've never seen anything like it. He would listen in on our phone calls and jump in sometimes and take over, if kids answered the call sometimes he would make inappropriate remarks to them and on one occasion I remember upset a kid so bad and made the child cry and when the parents got on the phone, he acted completely oblivious to what just happened and continued to sell the product, this was his form of "entertainment" in the office.

And yes the companies that they are calling for may be good companies that doesn't make ATS NW a good place, in fact it makes them horrible if its true they are ripping off places like the Shriners, Free Masons, The Washington Council of the Blind, etc...not to mention making them look bad with this kind of representation, shame on them! I hope something was done about this place, I see this was written awhile ago but if they are still around I wouldn't support them and that's from personal experience.

And yes I am a ex employee but have no grudges toward them, I quit on my own, I wasn't the best sales person there because I wouldn't pressure the customers but it was clear I was kept around because I was "eye candy", which yes I was told. They didn't really train me, I received a paper with what I was to say to each customer and even responses I was to use, that was about the gist of my training.

But I hope this helps someone make an informed decision if they are still around! I am all about helping people and charities but in an honest way, just be careful on who you support these people threw because the charities or companies may have no idea the call center is "crooked", direct donations may be the best!

#3 General Comment

You Decide

AUTHOR: Ordinary Joe - (United States of America)

The Washington Secretary of State has a report on line that includes the financial reporting submitted by ATS NW. The following is an excerpt from the report:
"Contributions to ATS NW Inc = $895,886. Amount returned to charity clients = $123,219.
According to the financial information shown, 14% of the contributions raised by this organization were returned to or retained by the charity client(s)."
You decide whether you wish to donate funds to charities via this fund raising organization.
 Read more from the report at http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/search_detail_cfr.aspx?cfr_id=28

ATS Rip Off the Public Everyday!

AUTHOR: Joe123 - (U.S.A.)

ATS is a Big Scam! I know the State of Washington is investigating them. This company is a Big Joke and Fraud. They are the Bait and Switch Scammers. I hope they get Shut Down. Bad training and a Loser that is the General Manager who couldn't train his way out of a papersack! Complete idiot like the Owner.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Not really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Dusty-D - (United States of America)

I think whoever wrote this report is a former employee with a grudge. I know Rob Turner and the office managers at ATS and they are all wonderful people. Not only does Rob give jobs to people who can't get work anywhere else. The work that they are doing is supporting honorable institution like the Free Masons, The Foundation for missing and exploited children and The Washington Council of the Blind. None of which could be described as "stupid'. If Rob has a problem it's that in a business like his you can't go without getting complaints and when one of those people complaining decides to take it to the next level, guess what. You get investigated. Just like if I call the police on someone they get investigated. A down side to not turning anyone away that is looking for a job is that not everyone is equipped to speak on the phone. So when that happen complaints get made, employee's get let go. As far as this "bait and switch" I would love to know how you cold call bait and switch. The bottom line is that all of the wonderful institutions I named perform vital functions for people who couldn't do for themselves and Rob Turner and all the other wonderful people at ATS help them do that, period. I would love to hear from anyone who says different.